Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is best for limited use on the street - the Trac Lok, the Detroit Locker or a Posi unit? If there's any other limited slip setups out there I'd be keen to hear about them as well....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Depends on the rearend. Posi has become a pretty generic term for a traction adding device rather than the duragrip it started with. I presume it's a 9" and I have been a big fan of the detroit for almost 30 years. It does have some idiosyncracies though.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, so what are the different characteristics of each setup? I know of one car around here that clucks its way around corners with what he says is a "limited slip".....can anybody explain what the differences are as far as driving on the street?

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
I have not gotten a PM about it but still have it and pictures to send 500.00 plus shipping firm it has the 1,100.00 price tag still on it from shipping with the shipping box its a N case also, with alum pinion support

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I have not gotten a PM about it but still have it and pictures to send 500.00 plus shipping firm it has the 1,100.00 price tag still on it from shipping with the shipping box its a N case also, with alum pinion support
That is a STEAL!

I need that for my 64 Fairlane but just spent a Fortune on a FE 427 for it!!

Is there something you need we could trade....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.