Yellow Bullet Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Registered
I can't wait till there commonly found at the Salvage yard... 馃

Registered
I have to ask this question, have you ever even made a pass in anything going down the track, or are you just another keyboard warrior with no real world experience in anything at all?

Judging by the way it left the line and the 60ft time, the gear needs to be numerically increased. Plus you can bet that thing is 5000lbs or more.

I can tell you one thing for sure. That young man knows his shit with LS motors. How do I know that? He built mine and many of other people's I know. They all are still running killer after 4 years of beating the shit out of them. They still show no signs of wear either. Leak down on them is still crazy good too. We were just all talking about this at the track yesterday. Borowski has all brand new state of the art best of the best equipment at their facility. Its not the old Borowski from long ago. So don't judge them by a video that was not a good example, that you also knew none of the particulars on.

Our motors are all in cars. None of us have that much power and we are all 10.0 or faster NA.

So its either the trans, converter, weight, and or the gear causing the slower results. He also drives it everywhere daily. I haven't been there for a while, but I do remember him talking about the motor he was building for his truck. Great guy that would help out anyone at the drop of a hat. He sure as hell doesn't deserve to be dogged out by a key board warrior that has never done shit but watch videos and bother the shit out of the vendors wasting their time and never buying anything.

Registered
That fucken engine didn't make 766 fwhp. At minimum to make that compression would need 2 be above 13 points.

They may build a good engine but that dyno is Definitely a lie. So that 408 is basically down less than 40hp from a 800 hp 416 at 13.5 with a solid roller & better intake and carb. Car ran a 8 sec pass. And I was within 5 hp on either build hydraulic or the solid...dyno simulation?

Get this straight Bub if they gave the cam specs I'd be even more confident as I know what power can be made with at .050 degrees of duration and a 4 inch crank. So It made more hp than with a shitty intake and lesser head 馃ぃ..btw that intakes about as shitty as they come. Not from me rather GPI testing 馃ぃ

Bump...if that 408 switched to a CID intake and carb this same engine should or would make 780+ fwhp 馃ぃ 馃槅馃き馃憥馃か

Reactions: DirtyJewRacing

Registered
Hell I know for a fact that engine isn't making the seen hp numbers.. I've got more cam S/R better intake and 4500 tb and I'd be happy with 766fwhp but realistically if I get 730 to 740 I'd be happy. "At four hundred and eight cubes"

Btw do they have Any other engine they've done being shown at a track with a et?
Any? The subject of a lying dyno 4 sells was a conversation in the NA section.

Registered
100 more HP than my Mamo 235 headed 403 with almost 12:1CR.. I get LS3 heads make good power but damn! Lol 馃槀
It's just math, on a good day a 408 would take a tq loss & a 4500 would help besides a little more compression and rpm with the smaller crank .. 馃槈 Ole go to on 740+ seen and what was used.

Registered
This avgs things out...cam was a dead give away. Thoughts run to Speedtrigger 402 with more cam lift and duration 馃槈. It avgs out & a freaken GM carb intake was used 馃槩

Registered
Depending on your budget, GM LT8 with mods to run LS heads and even the LT8 GM steel crank is very capable of that and above. My buddy Kurt Urban that now works for Scoggin Dickey had one at the PRI Show that was making over 2000HP with a pair of Precision 7685's. On the other end of the spectrum a Dart LS Next or LS Next 2 are the strongest on the market and have some nice features if you ever go higher than current power goals. They also offer more reliability and piece of mind when pushing an engine that hard. If you are going supercharged I would definitely recommend the LS Next 2 over the other options as the supercharger loads the engine harder than turbos will. I'm currently building a twin turbo, aluminum LS NEXT 2 engine for myself. Hope this helps.
What mods are needed to run LS heads, and does it place them in the same position as an LS ? ie, intake and exhaust components already fitted can remain the same ?

What size head fasteners does the LT8 use ?

Registered
That thing won't pull a greasy string out of a cat's ass........ My little NA, pump gas, stock block gen1 383 Chevy II ran bottom 10.80's @ 126mph with 200+ less hp, all steel, full interior, thru the air cleaner and full dual exhaust thru Dynomax mufflers. On 255 MT radials, 4.10 gears and 3200 9.5" converter no less. Patriot 225cc heads and a Super Victor so it had some badass induction, LOL!! I guess sometimes you just don't get what you paid for........
The minivan was only 2.5 mph slower at the 1/8! Lol

Registered
What mods are needed to run LS heads, and does it place them in the same position as an LS ? ie, intake and exhaust components already fitted can remain the same ?

What size head fasteners does the LT8 use ?
The heads/exhaust locations will be the same as any stock LS. I think the dowel locations are the biggest change required. There are a few other minor changes but I'm not sure off the top of my head and don't want to post false info. The LT blocks use 12mm head bolts/studs like the LS9 blocks did. The LT decks are stronger being more of a closed deck design now. The aluminum blocks have a cast in flanged sleeve that is below deck surface about .100" - .125". I think this was done to prevent the bores breaking into the coolant passages under detonation like the LS blocks were prone to doing. I have repaired a couple that were fire slotted down to them so seen them first hand. Hope this Hope this helps.

Registered
The heads/exhaust locations will be the same as any stock LS. I think the dowel locations are the biggest change required. There are a few other minor changes but I'm not sure off the top of my head and don't want to post false info. The LT blocks use 12mm head bolts/studs like the LS9 blocks did. The LT decks are stronger being more of a closed deck design now. The aluminum blocks have a cast in flanged sleeve that is below deck surface about .100" - .125". I think this was done to prevent the bores breaking into the coolant passages under detonation like the LS blocks were prone to doing. I have repaired a couple that were fire slotted down to them so seen them first hand. Hope this Hope this helps.
Here's the killer Question....

What's the cylinder bore length?

Registered
I can stop by and measure them. I delivered the LT's back to the shop down the street after machine work and repairs were done. I guess we'll see how far an aluminum LT will go later this summer. It won't lose the head gaskets anymore so I'm betting it breaks the main bulkheads out of the block at some point. It's got some very aggressive top fuel hoops in it now. Running over the crankshaft will be the next failure.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive engine gasket Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Automotive exterior Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Auto part Gas

As far as dowel locations go they are reversed on the LT vs the LS location. Decks are much stronger on the LT.

Registered
The valve locations are flipped in LT vs LS. So cam would need to account for that as well.

Registered
Yes, the LT uses the same valve order as a SBF but the driver's side head is still in the lead position regarding bank to bank offset. However if you run LS heads on a LT block you would simply use a LS cam which would match the heads.

Registered
Yes, the LT uses the same valve order as a SBF but the driver's side head is still in the lead position regarding bank to bank offset. However if you run LS heads on a LT block you would simply use a LS cam which would match the heads.
You'll want to check lobe spacing. not sure if it will be that easy due to the fuel pump lobe on the LT core but i've never laid them side by side.

Registered
I will and I will also be very surprised if its an issue. If you look into using a set of Dart 10* race heads they also recommend using a LT style cam core as they have flipped valve layout like a SBF etc.

Reactions: DarkMatter

Registered
LT block knowledge....

Registered
I have to ask this question, have you ever even made a pass in anything going down the track, or are you just another keyboard warrior with no real world experience in anything at all?

Judging by the way it left the line and the 60ft time, the gear needs to be numerically increased. Plus you can bet that thing is 5000lbs or more.

I can tell you one thing for sure. That young man knows his shit with LS motors. How do I know that? He built mine and many of other people's I know. They all are still running killer after 4 years of beating the shit out of them. They still show no signs of wear either. Leak down on them is still crazy good too. We were just all talking about this at the track yesterday. Borowski has all brand new state of the art best of the best equipment at their facility. Its not the old Borowski from long ago. So don't judge them by a video that was not a good example, that you also knew none of the particulars on.

Our motors are all in cars. None of us have that much power and we are all 10.0 or faster NA.

So its either the trans, converter, weight, and or the gear causing the slower results. He also drives it everywhere daily. I haven't been there for a while, but I do remember him talking about the motor he was building for his truck. Great guy that would help out anyone at the drop of a hat. He sure as hell doesn't deserve to be dogged out by a key board warrior that has never done shit but watch videos and bother the shit out of the vendors wasting their time and never buying anything.

That truck weighs in at 4050 +/- 50lbs , spent some time talking with him back on the 2018 DW tour, great guy. Borowski builds some good LS combo's but not to pile in on the "hate" there is no way that 408 made those #s in the "real world" max on that run he utilize 470-490 rwp, I get it that not all combo's run thier best out of the gate, but reality is that 408 just does not make those #s

21 - 39 of 39 Posts