Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Do yourself a huge favor. Stick with your tried and true BBC. But if you insist on drinking the Kool-Aid. The Dart Next2 Iron is definitely your strongest option. I can tell you that around us. The Borowski Motors are your best option. They know how to make an LS live and will give you the best honest advise. I have never talked to so many know it all, that don't know shit so called LS people around us its ridiculous. All I'm saying is be careful on advice you get around us. People like to pump themselves up with numbers. DDR,- Dyno Drag Racers. The reason I'm telling you this is because I drank the Kool-Aid and it tastes just like any other Kool-Aid. Just more expensive. To me It was not worth changing over to LS.

After having what you have already had. Your not going to be impressed at all.
Borowski Motors 馃ぃ馃槀 Really?
I'm still trying to figure out how a 766 fwhp na engine can barely even muster 100mph in the qrt mile.
Even called and asked & I got a whole, not a part of a story of BS. Asked why didn't they go back out for better results? Cricket's.
馃ぃ

Here's Tim who works for Borowski and the engine i called about as a 408 owner. If that engine made 766 fwhp 馃憠 mines should do 800 easily 馃ぃ

and mines won't with a solid roller and better intake & 4500 tb 馃槀.

Lmao.

Reactions: DualQuadDave

Registered
I can't wait till there commonly found at the Salvage yard... 馃

Registered
That fucken engine didn't make 766 fwhp. At minimum to make that compression would need 2 be above 13 points.

They may build a good engine but that dyno is Definitely a lie. So that 408 is basically down less than 40hp from a 800 hp 416 at 13.5 with a solid roller & better intake and carb. Car ran a 8 sec pass. And I was within 5 hp on either build hydraulic or the solid...dyno simulation?

Get this straight Bub if they gave the cam specs I'd be even more confident as I know what power can be made with at .050 degrees of duration and a 4 inch crank. So It made more hp than with a shitty intake and lesser head 馃ぃ..btw that intakes about as shitty as they come. Not from me rather GPI testing 馃ぃ

Bump...if that 408 switched to a CID intake and carb this same engine should or would make 780+ fwhp 馃ぃ 馃槅馃き馃憥馃か

Reactions: DirtyJewRacing

Registered
Hell I know for a fact that engine isn't making the seen hp numbers.. I've got more cam S/R better intake and 4500 tb and I'd be happy with 766fwhp but realistically if I get 730 to 740 I'd be happy. "At four hundred and eight cubes"

Btw do they have Any other engine they've done being shown at a track with a et?
Any? The subject of a lying dyno 4 sells was a conversation in the NA section.

Registered
100 more HP than my Mamo 235 headed 403 with almost 12:1CR.. I get LS3 heads make good power but damn! Lol 馃槀
It's just math, on a good day a 408 would take a tq loss & a 4500 would help besides a little more compression and rpm with the smaller crank .. 馃槈 Ole go to on 740+ seen and what was used.

Registered
This avgs things out...cam was a dead give away. Thoughts run to Speedtrigger 402 with more cam lift and duration 馃槈. It avgs out & a freaken GM carb intake was used 馃槩

Registered
The heads/exhaust locations will be the same as any stock LS. I think the dowel locations are the biggest change required. There are a few other minor changes but I'm not sure off the top of my head and don't want to post false info. The LT blocks use 12mm head bolts/studs like the LS9 blocks did. The LT decks are stronger being more of a closed deck design now. The aluminum blocks have a cast in flanged sleeve that is below deck surface about .100" - .125". I think this was done to prevent the bores breaking into the coolant passages under detonation like the LS blocks were prone to doing. I have repaired a couple that were fire slotted down to them so seen them first hand. Hope this Hope this helps.
Here's the killer Question....

What's the cylinder bore length?

Registered
LT block knowledge....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts