Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bbc that has a 2 carb tunnel ram and I want to switch to a single plane intake with a 1150 carb. It is a 4.380 bore x 4" stroke with BB2 plus heads. The heads are CNCed at the valve seat and at the intake port match so does that make these the CNCd version? But I need to know which intake to get for these heads. I can do the basic port match and smooth out the plenum area witch intake will work for this set up and take the least amount of work. And when do I change out the o-ring wire in the block, every build or when? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What tunnel ram is on it.
Edelbrock 2-r. I was told it was an old pro seet-up. Its going in a foot brake malibu wagon. Motor has alunium rods. I believe the motor was orginally built to turn. The man who built it has passed so I have to go on what people say about it.

·
In the shop with my Vette
5,179 Posts
If its enough to warrant an 1150 dominator, have you thought about putting a better tunnel ram on it? That would be cheaper and may reward you with the quicker et's. But I dont think there is enough info listed to decide what intake is the absolute best intake for your goals. Just my opinion. What carbs are on it now?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If its enough to warrant an 1150 dominator, have you thought about putting a better tunnel ram on it? That would be cheaper and may reward you with the quicker et's. But I dont think there is enough info listed to decide what intake is the absolute best intake for your goals. Just my opinion. What carbs are on it now?
I really don't have a goal in mind other than just being simple to work on. Back it off the trailer, make some passes and a little tuning then load it back on the trailer. I also want it to fit under my hood scoop. Its a basic malibu wagon with a cage, th400, 3500 stall, 3.70 gears & 9"rear. Just want a simple footbrake car to have some fun. Don't know much about the motor other than its around 11.6 comp, BB2 plus heads and a 6.80 lift cam. Also has alunium rods. Should be fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts