Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting some dart cnc heads, but am tied between those, bmf cnc heads, or afr cnc heads. What heads would make the most power out of the box at 335 or 350 cc range?

·
Registered
14,768 Posts
Of those two choices my first would be the 335 AFR's. I think the 355's would be a bit big.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Drag race deal on E85 (which displaces more area in the port) I would be looking at our 377's truthfully....

440+ CFM.....strong area under the curve (the head already flows 415 CFM @ only .600 lift).

As long as you have enough converter that combo would work exceptionally well.

BIG power from 5000 - 8000 RPM or so.

The right combo should fall on 950 HP with ease....more in a really optimized one with a lightweight ring pack, vacuum pump, etc. etc,

PM or call if you would like to discuss it in more detail.

BTW, just crunched the numbers quickly and you will need close to 1000 HP in that weight car to get your 8.80's but the 377 would have no problem getting you there with the right combination built around it.

-Tony

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I personaly think that a 350ish head would be plenty big on this combo. One other question I have is wether or not I will need to upgrade my wrist pins. Right now I just have the pins that came with my srp pistons. Do you think these will hold up to 7800 rpm? If not what do I need, this is only my second engine build, I need all the help I can get!

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Don't forget to add the Brodix BB3 series to your list. One of the best out of the box CNC heads out there for the money.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I already bought my intake, so oval port isn't going to work

Which is more important in building power, the heads or the intake?

You build a combination around the heads, not the intake.

Sell the intake, buy the heads the combination NEEDS and then buy a suitable intake.

·
Registered
70,378 Posts
Which is more important in building power, the heads or the intake?

You build a combination around the heads, not the intake.

Sell the intake, buy the heads the combination NEEDS and then buy a suitable intake.
X2

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I debated between AFR and Dart for a similar motor, ended up with Dart because I could get them for a very good price. But frankly I prefer AFR based on prior good experience (on a small block) and the support you see here from Tony. I am less familiar with the other choices.

As far as port size, you will need to turn it pretty high to get that much power, so take that into consideration.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I HAVE A SET OF DART 370CC OVAL PORTS WITH ROCKERS BOLTS COVERS PUSH RODS AND INTAKE OFF 570 CI 3400LB WENT 8.65 @ 159 WILL SELL CHEEP! 586-610-2057 DON

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I only have the money to do this once, so I will be using this intake. If I don't make it to 8.80's that is ok, that is just what I am hoping for.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
You still can't see how your thinking is backwards?

If you can only afford to do this once, then why would you make the MISTAKE of building an induction combination around an intake manifold?

Open your eyes.

Buy the heads you need for the combination, then the proper intake to match. A set of heads costs $2500-4000 and an intake costs from $250-400.

Can you afford to buy a set of heads to match your intake, then find they don't work as planned and sell them at a loss later to replace them with the proper cylinder head?

Sell your intake and and get the proper heads, then buy your intake later. You'll lose maybe $100 to 200 selling your intake, but you'll get a better running combination in the end.

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
You still can't see how your thinking is backwards?

If you can only afford to do this once, then why would you make the MISTAKE of building an induction combination around an intake manifold?

Open your eyes.

Buy the heads you need for the combination, then the proper intake to match. A set of heads costs $2500-4000 and an intake costs from $250-400.

Can you afford to buy a set of heads to match your intake, then find they don't work as planned and sell them at a loss later to replace them with the proper cylinder head?

Sell your intake and and get the proper heads, then buy your intake later. You'll lose maybe $100 to 200 selling your intake, but you'll get a better running combination in the end.

AGREE totally on this......do it right the first time...............;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts