Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
27,186 Posts
Thanks for the input guys..I guess I should clarify....I know there are so many variables with all this stuff and I dont think I have enough information to give to make a concrete recommendation.... but for my setup I have so far, I'm needing the best head recommendation....Nascar stuff I think would be a good one..the Brodix track 1x I never considered.

I guess I need to just ask my engine builder what he recommends. I just hate going to someone and getting the most expensive recommendation....like a 15deg Brodix....when a cheaper 23deg head would work too. I just dont understand the pros and cons of it all. So I guess I need to do more research
I appreciate everyone's input and surely welcome more input if you have it
Well, my thoughts are that you already have the 15 degree pistons, so it’s a no-brainer.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, my thoughts are that you already have the 15 degree pistons, so it’s a no-brainer.
Yea I guess you are right. With my limited knowledge I was thinking you guys maybe had a better ide for a combo..because I could always get different pistons. I'm thinking the parts I currently have might be the direction I need to go.....just find a good 15deg top end.

·
Registered
27,186 Posts
Yea I guess you are right. With my limited knowledge I was thinking you guys maybe had a better ide for a combo..because I could always get different pistons. I'm thinking the parts I currently have might be the direction I need to go.....just find a good 15deg top end.
A good 15 degree ain’t nothing to sneeze at. Some comp engines in the 320” range, down to 280” have pushed the 3 hp per cube deal NA.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Profiler 14 degree 2.180" valve and Edelbrock 18*/15* cast intake with separate valley tray. Chad Speier does a good job with those.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
🤫🤔

·
Registered
755 Posts
I might have missed it but what are your car details and what are your goals? And whats the budget for the build?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I might have missed it but what are your car details and what are your goals? And whats the budget for the build?
To go really fast!

85 big tire s10 that's back halved

I've got about 28k for a motor. Already have a dart little m, 4.125 bore, 400 mains, o ringed block, 15deg diamond pistons, callies crank..6" oliver rods

·
Registered
27,186 Posts
Might want to send a piston to say CFE or whomever you decide to go with, and make sure your pistons/cam design are gonna be compatible with the heads. If not, Rebco could model pistons you have to fit the heads. You’d have to send him one head, and all 8 pistons. There’s some real good 15 degree CFE heads for sale on Insidecompracing. Cheap for the cailiber they are. At least there was some. I’m sure some still there. And these Comp guys, have nothing but the best. Or they wouldn’t be in comp.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Might want to send a piston to say CFE or whomever you decide to go with, and make sure your pistons/cam design are gonna be compatible with the heads. If not, Rebco could model pistons you have to fit the heads. You’d have to send him one head, and all 8 pistons. There’s some real good 15 degree CFE heads for sale on Insidecompracing. Cheap for the cailiber they are. At least there was some. I’m sure some still there. And these Comp guys, have nothing but the best. Or they wouldn’t be in comp.
Thank you Randy

·
Registered
825 Posts
To go really fast!

85 big tire s10 that's back halved

I've got about 28k for a motor. Already have a dart little m, 4.125 bore, 400 mains, o ringed block, 15deg diamond pistons, callies crank..6" oliver rods
You really need to set some tangible goals. Either how fast you want to go or how much HP you want to make. The less HP the engine makes, the more boost you will need to achieve the power goal.

My previous 15 deg. SBC made 900+ naturally aspirated. Take out 100 HP for compression and ~800 HP would be a starting point with good heads.

I don’t have any recent data, but there used to be a significant issue with GM castings (like used in Comp.) cracking.

Jason G.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
🤔😂🤣👍

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
LOl not problem Randy. The first post he talks about "proper procharged unit" or something along that line. It was 67Shoebox that mentioned the "$2200 Book" that got me thinking these are more NA deals.

When I was around the SB guys, I did hear about Dart Little Chiefs, but they require their own block or lifter layout? There is the Bordix BD stuff, but again I'm not sure about the lifter stuff.

Maybe get a set of SBX made for the blower, or even look at the Brodix GB 2000 (I think the #1213 are the good ones) Wedge head and 13.5 deg.

If this is track only stuff, alky for sure so no intercooler, cheap fuel cost. C&S used to be good blow thru's and same with CSI??? Fuel delivery/management is a whole other deal!!!!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Did you guys remember the OP is planning on using a Procharger???
Nope. Can look at it opposite ways. The more you make N/A the less boost it takes to make “XYZ” total HP. The less HP you make N/A the more boost it takes to make the same total HP. If you are running a limited blower (class), then you have to make some decent power N/A, etc. Bunch of different ways to skin the cat.

Unfortunately, we have no idea what power the OP is shooting for or what blower he is working with.

So we are all really just talking pie in the sky at the moment.

Jason G.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Nope. Can look at it opposite ways. The more you make N/A the less boost it takes to make “XYZ” total HP. The less HP you make N/A the more boost it takes to make the same total HP. If you are running a limited blower (class), then you have to make some decent power N/A, etc. Bunch of different ways to skin the cat.

Unfortunately, we have no idea what power the OP is shooting for or what blower he is working with.

So we are all really just talking pie in the sky at the moment.

Jason G.
I think I started before...maybe not.. 1750ish hp. Not exactly sure on the procharger..maybe an f-1x up to an F3d-102..just guestimating

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
600 to 700 hp Na with boost roughly @ 21 to 30 lbs. With a dish piston = 8 to 9.5 on compression. It's not the heads it's the steroid. A good inline valve head casting should be on par. (Basic x 2) Hp with 14 or so psi with your goal of 1700+ = more psi. No need to over spend. Size with RPM. Btw Don't know a thing about the use of a steroid

With luv .... Your bringing my NA sperm count down talking about steroids.
Happy Father's day Joke😉

Reactions: ftgokie
21 - 40 of 46 Posts