Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What head gasket would you guys recomend for this combo?
388ci SBC
3970010 Block
4.060 bore
3.75" stroke
11cc domes
Dart Aluminum Pro 1 230cc
~13.5 to 1
No spray, all motor

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
the standard felpro with with a steel ring can dig into the aluminum, the cometics are the best but have been TOLD you need to start with fresh surface on both sides to use them.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
cometic

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Felpro 1003

·
Registered
916 Posts
curious-why such a big runner i have the exact same setup with iron eagle 230s and 11-1 and always thought it would run best with spray? vs swapping to 200cc, na

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys. Last season I used the Felpro MLS and didn't see any advantage for the added cost. When I ran this combo years ago I used the Felpro 1003 and never had any issues so I am going to try them again.

Frank

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
curious-why such a big runner i have the exact same setup with iron eagle 230s and 11-1 and always thought it would run best with spray? vs swapping to 200cc, na
If you are asking why I picked the larger runner head I bought them close to 10 years ago and don't remember why? :confused: Actually someone recomended them to me.

It ran okay last season. 10.10 @ 135 with a junk converter. Just picked up the heads from MotorCity Motorsports from getting freshend. Hoping to see some 9sec time slips this year.

Frank

·
Registered
822 Posts
Felpro MLS should work good with a aluminum head. I had one on my iron head, and always had coolant seapage

1 - 14 of 14 Posts