Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out which front springs to order for my camaro. It has a bbc with a powerglide and split mono leafs with south side bars and 276/60 . And it weighed 2264 with a steal headed bbc in it now has aluminum heads on it now . :)

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Trying to figure out which front springs to order for my camaro. It has a bbc with a powerglide and split mono leafs with south side bars and 276/60 . And it weighed 2264 with a steal headed bbc in it now has aluminum heads on it now . :)
Is the weight a misprint, did you mean 3264#?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was speaking to Andy from Smith Race Craft and he told me about some Moog springs that he uses in his car and im trying on my 69 camaro. He gave me a part # 8304 and if i wanted to go lower to use #8354. i havnt tried them out yet. Anyone else run these ?

here is a vid of his Bad ass camaro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDoJIZG--Bc.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
141 Posts
you really need to scale the car, and get the proper weights for the front end. it will save you ALOT of time and headache trying to find the right spring. then call someone with the weights and they will be able to set you up with the correct set of springs.

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
i went to local parts store and bought springs for a sb 69 camaro w/air...to get the right look i had to cut half a coil off and it works great...tried moroso's and it wheelied way to high and was real stiff feeling.mine weighs 3280 with me in it

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah thanks guys for the info. And ya andy has one bad ride i am from kennedale tx i see that car a lot. My car will be in the same class if i ever get it done but it is sitting on jack stands waiting on new rearend and a number of small things but not cheap things but i am about to buy springs for the front every thing else is new and they our the orginal springs and some one cut them and put a spacer in one side when they cut to much . So needless to say they must go and i need to replace all the bushing in the front end all so thanks again for all the info

·
Registered
804 Posts
I have Santhuff springs. You would need to know the front end weight and your installed height. No cutting will be needed and they won't settle. They cost twice the amount of the Moroso's, but you will only buy 1 set.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya thats going to have to wait for right now its sitting on jack stands with front wheels no tires and no back wheels or rearend or back tires been down for about 6 years started over and took longer then i had thought but it is getting close . Ya i have heard some use moog springs and some use moroso's and some use santhuff springs . we did a lot of changing on my car from what it was before and just trying to get an idea because the people before me messed the stock ones all up .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Not true! lol. I had the car scaled and Im on my second set and its still not right! Nothing pisses you off more than changing front springs 3 times.
I have Santhuff springs. You would need to know the front end weight and your installed height. No cutting will be needed and they won't settle. They cost twice the amount of the Moroso's, but you will only buy 1 set.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts