Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which engine is more kool and fun?A new gen 392 HEMI crate engine or a stroked inline 6 high torque chrysler?Which would be more easy to hot rod and what modifications could I do to either?I like both but would like to hear what people would think is more badass!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I vote for the slant six, especially if its for a street rod. Anything different is cool. The six is also one tuff mother of an engine. I've seen them damn near melt in the junk yard running at wot with no oil or water. They just refuse to die.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
i don't know there's something wrong with those six guy's, especially those ford guy's

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
Which engine is more kool and fun?A new gen 392 HEMI crate engine or a stroked inline 6 high torque chrysler?Which would be more easy to hot rod and what modifications could I do to either?I like both but would like to hear what people would think is more badass!
A crate motor can't ever be cool.

WTF is a high torque six? A slant six? Not cool.

This is cool.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I vote for the slant six, especially if its for a street rod. Anything different is cool. The six is also one tuff mother of an engine. I've seen them damn near melt in the junk yard running at wot with no oil or water. They just refuse to die.

Watched them try to blow one up at a show once. They drained the oil and water from a 225 slant and ran it. People payed money and picked how long they thought it would run before blowing up. Person with the closest time gets 50% of the pot. The engine ran at full throttle for 3 minutes! Sputtered and died. It was out of gas!!!! Put a couple gallons in the tank and it fired back up and ran for another 2 before it seized up!! What makes them so tough I have no idea?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Watched them try to blow one up at a show once. They drained the oil and water from a 225 slant and ran it. People payed money and picked how long they thought it would run before blowing up. Person with the closest time gets 50% of the pot. The engine ran at full throttle for 3 minutes! Sputtered and died. It was out of gas!!!! Put a couple gallons in the tank and it fired back up and ran for another 2 before it seized up!! What makes them so tough I have no idea?
I'd bet if it cooled down for 1/2 hour it would have fired up again.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where do you go in the USA to find slant 6 stuff?Looks very expensive and what I meany with the high torque was that an inline 6 has very high torque with a long crankshaft

1 - 12 of 12 Posts