Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is the better crank small block ford turbo single 98 mm
gone thro Scat 4340 steal thrust face but hopefully got to the bottom now just need to replace the crank for steel unit can go scat or eagle
both 4340 just looking for advice please
thanks

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
I wouldn't use either of those with that combo. At least get an American forging.

·
Registered
574 Posts
What slyfox said...... For that power level I would look into a Callies, Lunati, crower, etc.

·
Registered
68,319 Posts
which is the better crank small block ford turbo single 98 mm
gone thro Scat 4340 steal thrust face but hopefully got to the bottom now just need to replace the crank for steel unit can go scat or eagle
both 4340 just looking for advice please
thanks
Conv ballooned?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we were running too much cooler line pressure on the powerglide and its ran thro two cranks hopefully sorted now test at weekend on stock crank low boost 8 psi to check
ran the thrust at 15psi

·
Registered
632 Posts
Lunati pro series

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Callies Magnum or Crower are a lot of crank for the money.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I didn't want to go Scat or Eagle and didn't really have the money or need for a high dollar crank, so I went with a Manley. My engine guy really likes them for the money and said the machine work is a lot better than the price suggests. He said it will take what I'm going to throw at it no problem.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I run a Scat 4340 forging in my Pontiac turbo combo,no probs at around 960hp, my mate runs a Scat 4340 forging in his 540BBC turbo combo,no probs at around 1200 hp. Both in the UK. Eagle cranks have been known to have problems with the thrust surfaces and their clearances can be off a bit.

·
Registered
68,319 Posts
Most crank forgings these days are imports unless stated, Made in USA. The difference between them is in the quality of the machine work. Import forgings finished machined in the US are usually without taper across the journal and the journals are round.

·
Registered
68,319 Posts
we were running too much cooler line pressure on the powerglide and its ran thro two cranks hopefully sorted now test at weekend on stock crank low boost 8 psi to check
ran the thrust at 15psi
So the convertor snout didn't bottom out in the crank? This is what usually kills the thrust.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts