Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Which brand for a 30x9 slick?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  PROGXP 
#1 ·
Hello

I usually run a M/T 29.5x10.5 stiff sidewall slick. However, I am looking and running a different class and the 30x9 is the largest slick allowed. The car is a 79 Camaro 3000lbs(w/ driver), ladder bar, N/A 420 SBC 940hp, leave on brake. I have been looking around and there are several different compounds for that size in a Hoosier. But, I am just not familiar with different brands other than M/T.

Do you have any input on which ones you have had good luck with? Also, do you all stretch them on 12in wide rims? Or am I looking at getting some 10in rims?

Thanks for the help,
Ed

#9 ·
I had the larger of the two Hoosier 30x9 radials and I think it worked better. I got a mildly used set of the smaller rollout and it felt like it left softer. I have not raced all year due to Covidand the TA project, but that was my impression. I have wondered why the two rollouts and what in the construction makes them different. I wonder if it in the sidewall construction

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.