Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Guess the hoopla of them being built to order is not acccurate, or they have a bunch of left over parts sitting on a shelf for a long time. Starting to not be impressed.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I know that either one or both is going back from a mess up on precisions end. I'll know more next week. I haven't heard exactly what happened just that there was a mix up.

Also might as well make them both match with shaft sensors since I can monitor is later via the dominator.

Going to work with Lowell after the holidays to stamp out what pistons and pins we are going to use. So that I can start figuring out heads and camshaft for this. Going to put it all together in house.

Got a new pic to show off though.

Induction is finished and on the way to us.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Just thought I would update this.

Pulled the compressor cover off and sent it to precision to make it match the other one. So now they both will be machined for shaft sensors.

Also BES is setting us up with a custom camshaft and cylinder heads.
Hipped Edelbrock DR-23 castings. I was told that they do not have another customer running these heads at all. So they had no real world testing on them yet as they had just finished designing a port profile this winter for them. They will have all the best stuff from jesel, psi, ect.

So the induction of the motor will be BES powered.:)

I will post more once I have them in my hands :p

I know that we could have achieved our power goals without going so exotic with the heads but my thought was that we can maybe make more per psi to achieve our goals on a lower level of boost.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Check inventory or promised delivery time before ordering and if prepaid in full is required. Waiting 3 months to get a block has happened.
You werent kidding! Been over 3 months now with still no block. Was told end of feb. But that has come and gone. Hoping something comes in soon. Lowell is a great guy just hope he starts getting blocks soon!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Looks good!! Have a stock front end 68 that I need to modify to try and fit twin front mount turbos and a radiator. Not sure with a 5” downpipe. Any shots with the front end on?

Sorry to derail thread but this is an interesting build!! Looking forward to this block making big HP!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Slowly fitting things together. It is going. This is a strut front end car though with the engine set back several inches.

This is a all steel front end with factory 68 sheet metal. Will go glass later.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Car wieghed 2450 before we started going turbo. We are adding weight but taking it off where ever we can. Carbon driveline, tbm brakes, spindle wheels. The usual expensive lightweight goodies lol

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
We just started fitting the 4.5 downpipes tonight and getting started on wastegate mounting. Going to run the wastgate exits in front of the frobt tires and the downpipes to the rear of the front tires thru the fenders.

Just figuring things out and learning under fire lol

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thanks guys!

Yes, myself and my old man, along with some help from a friend.

It is coming along, I will try to get some new pics tomorrow. I redid the hot side from the header to the turbo on the passenger side, this way I could get the pipe a little lower.

Working out on wasegate placement now. Got the down pipes fitted and the cold side started.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You don't see too many people building twin turbo BBC's in PA! I go to PA once a week to do work at Wilder auto. I have a friend with a nitrous Nova that is thinking about switching over to turbos to run in some of the west coast grudge race's. I would like to meet you sometime and look at your setup.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Thats cool man, We are building this car mainly for the west coast grudge and heads up stuff.

Our shop is 55 mi from pa. We are in Clallam Bay.

What do you do for Wilder?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I do paintless dent repair for them. I used to work and race with Ron Pease. He had the super low silver 70 Nova that raced in outlaw 10.5

41 - 60 of 103 Posts