Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seven years ago today I was working for Circuit City Corporate Hdq when an associate told me that the World Trade Center and been hit. I remember looging on to MSN and they said it was a small plane. Of course, the news got worse. We wound up watching everything on TV and eventually went home early. Nobody could work. Later that week we had a memorial service that was dominated by an individual claiming that this was America's punishment for past sins and that we should turn back to God. An associate lost a family member at the Pentagon. Another had a sister in NYC that had a job inyerview at 9:00 AM. She was sick and called in that day. Wonder how that person would have felt if someone from their immediate family had died.

Here at the Police Dept., various officers shared where they were and tears were shed. Perhaps the most ironic was that the upper brass were in the situation room strategizing as to how they would protect the local Islamic community from retribution attacks. Even more ironic is that today the regional center for Islam is just a few doors down from the Obama for President campaign office.

What are your memories from this awful day?

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
in the lower garage pulling a motor out of one of roy hills dragsters, at roy hills drag racing school. remember it like it was yesterday, getting paged over the intercom to haul ass to roys office, watched the 1st tower burning and saw the 2nd plane hit live. i remember standing there in awe with roy, joe lapone jr, and a mac another instructer that worked there. i'll say it was truely the first time in my life where i was scared, and didnt know what the world was going to come to.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,931 Posts
i can remember it clear as day..like it was only moments ago..my dad called me and told me i was going to war and to get up and turn the tv on..So i did and this was only about 5 mins after the first plane..i came out into my liveing room and watched the news and then seen the second one fly smack into it..At this point i new we where under attack an me being not out of the loop i had a feeling it was that sand ******..no ofense monty.but i sat in the same spot of the rest of the day from 8:40 till about 5 in the afternoon before i even got up to take a piss..it was heart breaking to sit and watch all of it unfold right in front of my eyes.

9/11/02 i went an shot bin ladden targets at the local range all day and was on the news shooting a full auto rpk an a tommy gun..

·
Registered
7,434 Posts
I was getting my two kids ready for school and heard about the "small plane" on the radio station I was listening to. I went downstairs to get them breakfast and decided to turn on the TV (which we didn't usually do) to see what was going on with the trade center. Shortly after that, I saw the plane hit the other building and knew it was bad. I remember everything about that day like it was yesterday.

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
I was at home. Found out what was going on and turned the TV on. Saw the second plane hit live. Watched the towers collapse. I'll never forget the horror of that day.

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
I was working with a buddy of mine at his printing shop. I put my business on hold so to speak and went to work with him to help him out. Never forget that day. The most moving part was later that evening when I saw my Dad and we talked about it. Dad was born in Brooklyn and was a true patriot in every sense of the word.
He cried as we spoke about the World Trade Center...

·
Registered
386 Posts
I was at work in a lumber yard. A contractor came in and told us about the first plane. My boss at the time went home cause he lived close by and picked up a tv and brought it back to the store just in time to watch the second plane hit. I have never watched so much news in my life as I did that day. I still remeber think that this has to be a dream as I am watching it later that night as people were crossing the bridge on foot. God bless all those who lost loved ones that day.

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
I was at work when it all went down. Thought just a plane crashed then you know the story. After that happen Nov they closed the place after just moving in two years before. They sighned a 10 years lease. Just walked away. 95 people lost a job.

·
crew member
10,333 Posts
Was working and got a call from my dad about the first plane. Turned on AM radio and listened all day. Got off of work at 7:30 so didnt get to see all the coverage.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was at work in a lumber yard. A contractor came in and told us about the first plane. My boss at the time went home cause he lived close by and picked up a tv and brought it back to the store just in time to watch the second plane hit. I have never watched so much news in my life as I did that day. I still remeber think that this has to be a dream as I am watching it later that night as people were crossing the bridge on foot. God bless all those who lost loved ones that day.

Amen, brother!

·
photobomber
2,512 Posts
Since I'm on the west coast, the first I heard was when my clock radio went off. I'm bad about hitting the snooze button for an hour before I finally get out of bed, and it was like a bad dream that didn't go away when I finally woke up. It was my second day on a new job, and we just sat there in the office all morning watching the TV coverage and wondering what was going to happen next.

It's been a while since I really thought about it, but today I was reading the Wikipedia page on Flight 93 and got so angry I had to stop.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
high school,

Teacher got fired cause she wouldnt turn on the t.v. because she felt that it wasnt an event that would have an effect on our life.

·
Team North Bitches!!!!
3,966 Posts
Was doing hvac installation at a very wealthy private school near baltimore md. We were coming out for break just as the news came on and then sat in our trailer and was watching on tv as the second plane hit.b This school had alot of children that there parents commuted to NY City and worked in the trade centers and surrounding areas. Within 10 minutes that school was overwhelmed with police and National Guard. It was a day that I will never forget, God Bless all those who have lost there lives and are currently fighting for our freedom today!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Was doing hvac installation at a very wealthy private school near baltimore md. We were coming out for break just as the news came on and then sat in our trailer and was watching on tv as the second plane hit.b This school had alot of children that there parents commuted to NY City and worked in the trade centers and surrounding areas. Within 10 minutes that school was overwhelmed with police and National Guard. It was a day that I will never forget, God Bless all those who have lost there lives and are currently fighting for our freedom today!!

Man....I couldn't imagine being there

·
Registered
194 Posts
Teaching a class of auto tech students,wife called and said she wasn't sure what was happening,but something was wrong,turned on the radio in the classroom and listened as it all happened. The students and I just sat there in shock as we listened.I pray to God I never have another memory like that one ever enter my life again.

·
Chicken Leg?
17,838 Posts
everyone remembers where they were & what they were doing, just like the shuttle challenger explosion(if you're old enough to remember).
i was at work(phone company), trying to throw a new drop wire over a customer's garage, & he came out jabbering about a plane that just hit the trade center. 10 minutes later, we were both standing in his living room watching both towers burn. i didn't find out they fell until i heard it on the radio a little while after i finished that job. you have no clue you're witnessing history until it's all said & done. now i know how my grandparents felt when they heard the horror of pearl harbor in real time over the radio. something i'll never forget...

1 - 20 of 83 Posts