Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was heading home from my daughters school and heard on The Lex and Terry Show a small plane had accidentally hit one of the towers

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
I was at work in the break room looking at the tv when it happen
then had to wait two weeks to get paid because everything was shut down...

·
Registered
47,748 Posts
Having breakfast at a neighborhood restaurant. The lady at the table next to me was on her cell phone and crying. From what she was saying, I was able to figure out what was going on.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I was at work at a muffler shop and heard it on the radio, a parts store was attached to the shop I worked in and we got bought out of gas cans and people were coming in and out all day freaking out about how we all needed to be buying gas and supplies.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Out surfing. I was sitting on my board waiting for a set to roll through. Absolutely crisp, beautiful morning. Out of nowhere, I hear some guy paddling up from behind me just chattering away. I had no idea who he was, but he was talking to me. Took a moment to make out what he was saying. But when I did, I caught the next wave in and went home and sat in front of the TV for about 14 hours.

Treacherous, sad day. I lost a high school surfing buddy working at Cantor-Fitzgerald. Never had a chance.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
I was in my office drinking coffee with the TV on Good Morning America. There was breaking news about a fire at 1WTC. Then they thought a plane might have hit it. Then they showed another plane hitting it. That day sucked.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I was at work. My buddy went to get some material and didn't come back. I went to look for him and he was standing at the guard desk watching TV and said a plane had just hit the Towers. About that time the second plane hit. They shut the job down and sent everyone home since we working in downtown Atlanta. We had to drive right by the Atlanta airport on the way home. It was an eerie feeling no planes landing at the busiest airport in the US. I went home and sat in front of the TV with my then 8 month old son staring at all the terrible images being shown. As long as I live will never forget that day.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
9th grade civics class. The intercom interupts class and said a plane had just hit the world trade center and to turn on the tv. Shortly thereafter the 2nd plane hit.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I was at home before school. I was in the 6th grade at the time. Watching it I remember thinking "this can't be real, and who would play a prank like this".

·
Registered
348 Posts
I was 18 smoking a blunt with my friends on the way to help my aunt move. Howard stern on the radio informed me and at first I thought it was a skit.

·
Registered
12,543 Posts
I was in my first piloting class... No joke. I went to college for air traffic control but having a private pilot license is a mandate in the schools program.

Needless to say...we didn't bother with any class work or anything. Just sat out at the airport campus all day watching the news and updates.

That day changed my entire career path, because with all the changes following that day, the best thing for me was to go a different direction. I finished the program but didn't pursue a job. I got into computers.

Sounds stupid even mentioning though because so many people gave up more than I can ever imagine on that day.

·
Cactus salesman
4,051 Posts
Getting ready for work in the morning (west coast), turned on TV and the first tower was already hit--but there was confusion on what actually happened. They were saying it was a small plane -- but I thought that is a lot of damage for a small plane--plus I was thinking why/how would a small plane hit the tower when it was a clear morning?

Then I saw the second plane hit on live TV and instantly knew we were under attack.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
I was at work and heard something come on the radio and at the same time a co workers wife called. Me and another worker went into the conference room and turned on the tv just before the second plane hit. I just remember watching the news every chance I got for 2-3 days straight and the sound of no planes or helicopters.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
At home sleeping......woke up and turned the TV to the news and thought I was watching a movie. Since I wanted the news I changed the channel and saw the same exact thing. Then realizing what I was really seeing I was horrified. And soon after our fucked up major TV channels included those Muslim/Islam pieces of shit in their Holiday wishes for the first time ever.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts