Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember watching it on high school TV and thinking thats not good. Does anyone else think they may have been alive after the explosion? I have read on different reports that said at least 1 or 2 may have survived the explosion only to run out of air later.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I was there a month earlier to watch it launch and they scrubbed the launch in the last min for problems.....If they only knew.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I was watching it in my 4th grade teachers class, Mrs. McCarthy's. I was a huge space nut as a kid. My uncle worked at the cape and had been over for a bunch of launches. I remember it like it was yesterday.

·
Registered
19,497 Posts
10 grade HS, remember watching it on TV and the teacher says Oh fuck. Pretty sad stuff. wow 25 yrs gone by already! wow. RIP

·
Registered
613 Posts
Seems like yesterday. I was sitting in front of the TV watching cartoons and the news broke on and there was the story. I was 8 at the time.

By many accounts, at least several astronauts survived the explosion and breakup(which was not said to be all that violent to the crew compartment) only to die upon impact with the water.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I was in engineering school and came into my aunt´s place on my way home. Watching the news was terrible that engineering marvel blowing apart.
It seemed impossible to me that such a catastrophic failure could happen to a bunch of real smart people.
Rest in Peace.

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,164 Posts
I was ten and was playin hooky (ok ok I mightve really been sick, hell I told ya I was 10) I was watching it on my mom's friends tv while they was busy arranging flowers for a wedding. It was the first time I ever seen a launch. I still remember seein it blow up and runnin in to ask mom if that was supposed to happen. Ill never forget, mom and the other lady said "HOLY SHIT" at the same time. I really thought it was cool that a teacher, a woman teacher no less, got to go to space.

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
I was 25 yrs old working in Pasadena Ca. We were just pulling out of the job site, when we heard it on the radio. We stopped and listened. People were walking up and down the street crying

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,094 Posts
SITTING IN MY 3RD GRADE CLASS ROOM.....WATCHING IT ON TV

·
Registered
301 Posts
I was doing a service call on a Mtr home. I was under the dash checking the heater doors when the man that owned the mtr home's wife started yelling OH MY GOD. I almost took my head off coming out from under the dash thinking we where on fire.

·
Senior Frog
10,334 Posts
I remember watching it on high school TV and thinking thats not good. Does anyone else think they may have been alive after the explosion? I have read on different reports that said at least 1 or 2 may have survived the explosion only to run out of air later.
I was getting stoned watching it on the TV.........
Heavy!

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,164 Posts
1 - 20 of 165 Posts