Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Has anyone messed around with doing an auto bump? By that I mean have the Dom send a signal to the tbrake at a preset rpm so the bump is the same everytime?
I like to bump in just before the 2 step.
Any further bumps would be on a button.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Old thread, but I'll try here anyway. Looked a bit and don't see anything about using with single wire solenoid. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Old thread, but I'll try here anyway. Looked a bit and don't see anything about using with single wire solenoid. Has anyone tried this?
Doesn't matter its the same approach. I've done both. The internal trans brake is the only one that I couldn't make bump repeatedly consistent.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts

Doesn't matter its the same approach. I've done both. The internal trans brake is the only one that I couldn't make bump repeatedly consistent.
I'm going to add bump to mine this year. Do either of you guys have a wiring diagram for a 1 wire solenoid? I can't seem to find anything from Holley on how to wire it. I know there are a few other ways guys are doing it, that aren't based on how Holley set it up.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I'm going to add bump to mine this year. Do either of you guys have a wiring diagram for a 1 wire solenoid? I can't seem to find anything from Holley on how to wire it. I know there are a few other ways guys are doing it, that aren't based on how Holley set it up.
It's not any different then a 2 wire.. Power from the relay goes to solenoid. With a 2 wire I just ground the 2nd wire to case or chassis

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
It's not any different then a 2 wire.. Power from the relay goes to solenoid. With a 2 wire I just ground the 2nd wire to case or chassis
Cool, it seems like the old directions I came across said you wanted to pulse the ground side of the solenoid and I've only got the 12v wire exposed. I'm assuming my t/b solenoid is just case grounded.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Cool, it seems like the old directions I came across said you wanted to pulse the ground side of the solenoid and I've only got the 12v wire exposed. I'm assuming my t/b solenoid is just case grounded.
Look here

I use a 3 wire SSR or a Hella blade SSR. It only needs 3 wires.

TB button and creep button are both inputs to ECU
Create a PWM - output, Send to SSR PWM- input
Send switched 12v power to SSR + input
Send SSR output to TB solenoid and that's it

Correct the 1 wire is grounded to case.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Look here

I use a 3 wire SSR or a Hella blade SSR. It only needs 3 wires.

TB button and creep button are both inputs to ECU
Create a PWM - output, Send to SSR PWM- input
Send switched 12v power to SSR + input
Send SSR output to TB solenoid and that's it

Correct the 1 wire is grounded to case.
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I've had one of the n20 SSR's that Holley was selling for a couple of years now, I may use it and see if it lasts. Are you on V4 or 5? I see they added staging to version 5.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts