Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 Formula with EFI and stock fuel lines. I need to relocate the fuel lines out of the trans tunnel (fuel regulator is getting too hot to touch because of fuel lines being with in 1/2" of exhaust).

I am planning on running -6AN from the tank up to the rails, but I am not sure of how to get them up there. I was thinking of running them up along the driver side and then into the front wheel well and into the engine bay using bulkhead connectors.

Has anyone done this? If so, pictures?

·
Registered
958 Posts
I run mine along the outside of the sfc's and then run bulkheads for supply and return on the passenger inner fender to feed the engine bay.

·
Registered
422 Posts
We ran ours up the middle along the tunnel to the outside of the trans crossmember, to a y block on the right side strut upright. Its about 6 inches away from the headers but we wrapped in thermotec reflective high temp wrap. With the car Idling hot the fuel line is still cool to the touch.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies! I thought that NHRA rules did not allow the line to be run in the trans tunnel? Do you have any pics of where the lines enter the engine bay?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,245 Posts
My lines run next to the sub frame connectors (which are out at the rocker sills). They then come up along the front frame rail (D/S). The feed then goes up around the steering shaft to the Y-Block feeding the rear of the fuel rails. The return line runs along the D/S frame rail to the front of the engine. See pic:

Now, the trans lines are another story. "Borrowed" my buddies idea and made a hole in the P/S frame rail and ran the lines through the frame rail to the cooler. Keeps them out of the way, cool idea. Not sure if I took a picture of them though. Nope........ But look at this picture and look where the two small holes are in the P/S frame rail. I made a large opening there and run the lines from that point forward. I put some old heater hose around the lines to stop them from chafing too.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mike! Hopefully I will see you at e-town this year.

So you ran the line along the SFC and then up along the factory routing by the trans, and around the steering shaft to the back of the rails?

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
my fuel line runs down the tunnel till you get to the frame rail and then it goes inside the frame rail up to the front, and trans lines are inside the pass side frame rail

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have mine running along the SFC on the driver side and crossing over like Mike Beck's; this way they're away from everything. The trans cooler lines are ran along the passenger side.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,245 Posts
Thanks Mike! Hopefully I will see you at e-town this year.

So you ran the line along the SFC and then up along the factory routing by the trans, and around the steering shaft to the back of the rails?

Here is a shot of the fuel lines:

They are still in the same place, just can't see them with the engine and headers in the way!

I wish I took a shot of the trans lines. Maybe I did, gotta look around. They actually are pretty darn trick!

·
Registered
213 Posts
run mine in the passenger front frame to a log mounted on the motorplate nos return goes thru driver side frame

1 - 11 of 11 Posts