Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these don't go together but looking for a cheap or well priced place to get an AFR 185. head repaired. I bought a set from a buddy for good price because he broke a valve and it boogered up one combustion chamber pretty good. Looking for place to get it repaired and not have too much in these as they are just going on a 78 Zephyr Z7 I just bought and gonna make it just a fun DD.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
TEA, BES there are others as well

·
Registered
25,439 Posts
I know these don't go together but looking for a cheap or well priced place to get an AFR 185. head repaired. I bought a set from a buddy for good price because he broke a valve and it boogered up one combustion chamber pretty good. Looking for place to get it repaired and not have too much in these as they are just going on a 78 Zephyr Z7 I just bought and gonna make it just a fun DD.
Cant say he is cheap, but Steve Sanchez at Total Flow Products in Troy Mi can turn most piles of scrap aluminum into a fine cylinder head. 248-588-4490

This is in case others turn you down but you have to have it fixed no matter what. He does quality work, however he for sure knows how to price it too.....

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
Cant say he is cheap, but Steve Sanchez at Total Flow Products in Troy Mi can turn most piles of scrap aluminum into a fine cylinder head. 248-588-4490

This is in case others turn you down but you have to have it fixed no matter what. He does quality work, however he for sure knows how to price it too.....
And he sends stuff to Chris Razor to get welded. (734) 414-1994

·
Registered
458 Posts
Call Rich at Midwest Cylinder Head 800-873-8506, Nevada, Iowa

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i weld heads and machine them all in house at my shop no waiting on the welder .your looking at about $150 to put a chamber back in if its in to the seats or open up in to water that only covers welding and working in the chamber . valve seats /custom size seat s .guids .milling valve job . will added s to price

·
Registered
14,846 Posts

Cheech!

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
That is an interesting piece of info........thanks. !
Not sure if he sends everything to Chris. But I have seen Chris repairing several things for him. I just hope he can fix my junk that is in his shop right now.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
i weld heads and machine them all in house at my shop no waiting on the welder .your looking at about $150 to put a chamber back in if its in to the seats or open up in to water that only covers welding and working in the chamber . valve seats /custom size seat s .guids .milling valve job . will added s to price

Sounds very fair, I had a Trick Flow head repaired here locally at Terrill's Cylinder Heads in Northern California (Chico, CA). The head needed a chamber renewed and a crack repair down in the guide next to the chamber (pretty hairy-lookin' job) and total cost was $302. When it was done, it looked like a CNC copy of all the other chambers, very nice work. Those AFR's are worth the repair, as market price on 'em is over $1000 in nice shape. Good luck!

---==Temio Williams
Yuba City, CA

·
Registered
4,488 Posts

Good guy has fixed stuff guys here in town have killed.

Tim

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heads had hardly any mi. on them when he had valve head break off and mess shit up. He sent them back to AFR as he thought it might have been problem from them. Well he hears three different stories from three diifferent people there about what they think the caused it but of course none of them were there fault. They just tell him they can give him a very small discount on a new head. So really don't want to send head back to them as they never said they could fix it in tghe first place.

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
Heads had hardly any mi. on them when he had valve head break off and mess shit up. He sent them back to AFR as he thought it might have been problem from them. Well he hears three different stories from three diifferent people there about what they think the caused it but of course none of them were there fault. They just tell him they can give him a very small discount on a new head. So really don't want to send head back to them as they never said they could fix it in tghe first place.
Does the head pressure test crack free? If so the chamber can be welded up and ground back to shape by most anyone. Champion racing heads in Florida can do this too.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Chip there is a guy by me that's reasonable pm me ill give u his number ship them to him and they will look brand. New when u get them back

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Chip

Go talk to Chris Johnson in Auburn. I don't know if he could weld it up, but I am sure he works with a welder and then could machine it back for you. He has treated me pretty good on things I have had him do.

James

1 - 20 of 20 Posts