Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a source to get 2/0 cable for the alternator? I need 18' to go from my alternator to my battery in the trunk...thanks

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Not sure if S&W has 1\0 or 2\0...

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking welding cable, as that is what I have for battery cable, but where I live there aint much unless I go into Austin...I guess I will have to suck it up and make the trip into Austin somewhere...thanks guys

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Just an FYI but I use McMaster Carr daily mostly cause they have next day shipping for ANYTHING and my shop routinely is in a hurry for something and they have just about anything (oh and we buy enough to have free shipping)... anyways to my point, out of curiosity I looked on McMaster and they have RED and BLACK welding cable in any size. Not sure on price as there is only one welding supply store near me and they are kinda high. However you can order in 10ft lengths and get RED. Sometimes I know McMaster is high on prices but sometimes they are in the ball park and you cannot beat the service! I know here it's next day at my shop and that's great!

·
Registered
462 Posts
delcity.net ;) Use welding cable, doesn't have a ton of resistance. And they ship fast and not that bad price wise

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
2/0??? I would taker a slight hit and consider 1/0. If you were going to be prolonged high amperage maybe stay with the 2/0.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts