Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
I stock a fair amount of them, what are you looking for? For EFI systems or something else?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basically it is a Nitrous big block application. Wanting to have a firewall bulkhead connector for the engine harness. I'll check to see how many pins I need. Need to get one in a few days.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
This is an old thread but hopefully I can revive it. I am looking for one of these round firewall connectors. I want the kind that is threaded with the nut not the 4 screws. I need it to have like 6 pins for 12ga wires and about 4 or 5 that are 14 or 16 ga

·
Registered
744 Posts
You need

MS3474L22-12P (Jam nut receptacle in electroless nickel)

MS3476L22-12S (Plug in electroless nickel)

This is a 12 pin connector (male/female), for 12ga wire

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Thank you. where do I buy it? Do you have a picture of it? Any idea of the diameter of that one? I already have a hole.

Do you sell them?

·
Registered
744 Posts
you need a hole approx 1.373" for the receptacle to fit in

this is what it looks like below, I would use the 4 bolt flange connector but that is just me

I can see what I have and send you a message in the morning thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
i too have some interest in the bulk head connectors wanting to do the round with 4 screws for the engine harness, do i need to isolate the cam and crank sensors from the rest of the harness or are they alright on the same connector(s). let me know what part numbers i need for the connector(s)

·
Registered
744 Posts
You can do the cam/crank through the connector, I run the drain wire (bare wire in the shielded cable) through the connector also. Have done many harnesses for members on here...promods, ODR cars, street cars. Send me a message maybe I can help here are a few pics.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sorry not even close you need a mil spec DMC crimper or equivalent. The type of pin/ connector will dictate which crimper and head you will use. Will that one you posted crimp the terminals? Probably yes but it won't be right and pins may come loose, ect.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Sorry not even close you need a mil spec DMC crimper or equivalent. The type of pin/ connector will dictate which crimper and head you will use. Will that one you posted crimp the terminals? Probably yes but it won't be right and pins may come loose, ect.
thanks bro, pm sent

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You can do the cam/crank through the connector, I run the drain wire (bare wire in the shielded cable) through the connector also. Have done many harnesses for members on here...promods, ODR cars, street cars. Send me a message maybe I can help here are a few pics.

While we have your attention, I have order a few of the Milspec connectors and some shielded wire for my harness. Can you explain what I do with teh drain wire? Do i crimp that with the neg. going into the connector?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts