Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Capri For Sale
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The YB parts store is one of the best around so I have another request. 1994 5.0L engine for a Ford truck. Remans generally are junk. Jasper engines being one of the worst in my opinion. When I need an engine for a Chevy, GM Goodwrench is a phone call away. Three year 100K warranty all new engines are the shit. Ford doesn't have the same availability though. That leaves me to have to deal with the after market. Who can I trust to sell me a good engine?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I work in the parts dept of a ford dealer in N.Y. They still show availability for a long block with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. List price is $2584 ford p/n is F4TZ 6V012 CRM. If you know someone with a wholesale account you can get for a few hundred less.

·
Capri For Sale
12,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I work in the parts dept of a ford dealer in N.Y. They still show availability for a long block with a 3 year unlimited mileage warranty. List price is $2584 ford p/n is F4TZ 6V012 CRM. If you know someone with a wholesale account you can get for a few hundred less.
Cool. Local dealer says no availability for this truck. Also said two different engines came in it and need the block and head numbers but still no engines. I'm calling right now, Thanks

Follow up. The local dealer didn't have any idea about that part number, it is valid and available. Appreciate the help.

·
rodent aviator
7,041 Posts
Call Steve at Tasca Ford (he used to run Tousley Ford's online sales). 1-800-598-1484 lines open until 8:30pm Eastern time.

·
This Space For Lease
2,327 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have yours rebuilt, as an ex Ford mechanic I can tell you for a fact that their Fred Jones rebuilts are junk, full of cracks, sleeves and other repairs. They have a 50/50 shot at holding water. Ive changed over 30 of those pieces of garbage

1 - 11 of 11 Posts