Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best/cheapest place to buy a drum of E85 in the Detroit area? Specifically I'm in Waterford (up towards Pontiac) if that helps...

I am going to dyno at the end of November, and I know I can't just get "E70" out of the pump to dyno/tune with...

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I haven't done anything. I just know that it's going to be more towards E70 by the end of november then E85. I was just looking to buy a drum for consistancy in the tuneup to race with, then drop the boost and run out of the pump fuel on the street. I just don't have the time to get a drum and go fill it up right now, and it's starting to get cold around here already so I'm guessing it's already not E85.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
huh? Go to the gas station. Buy a gallon, test it to see its ethanol %.....

Down here they sell e85 year round, I guess its different in northern states?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I just assumed that everyone knew that. In the winter, the 85% eth. doesn't start well in the cold. So they blend it down as far as 70%. That's why I was just hoping I could buy a pure 85% 55gal drum and not worry about it.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I bought e85 right out of the pump at the Sunoco station on the corner of Woodward and Square Lake rds. about a month ago and it tested at Ninety-5%.:rolleyes: I bought a drum of E98 from Fairgrove oil early last year so I could "sweeten" up some E85 that tested at 74% for a dyno session. Get an alcohol content tester, a drum of E98 and blend your own.;)

http://www.fairgroveoil.com/e98.html

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have a tester, I just wanted to buy a sealed drum of it. I just figured it would be easier then finding an empty drum, testing the fuel myself and filling it up. I have to have the car on the dyno in 8 weeks and the motor hadn't even assembled yet...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.