Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are no dumb questions, just dumb people...

Wanting to buy bolts for 4 link setup but want shoulder/shank to pass through the heim joint rather than riding on threaded area of the bolt. Stopped by Fastenal but they didn't have what I wanted. Internet searches coming up blank. (Gardner Westcot included)

Where can I buy 3/4 NF 2" or 2.5" that is mostly shoulder?

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can get NAS bolts from Bickel , or RJ Race cars they are length sized by the reach. I bought a set for 4-link in a pro-mod I built. They ain't cheap, a set of 8 with nuts is about 100 bucks...

·
FUCKING ASSHOLE SINCE '61
7,338 Posts
You want Aircraft Bolts, specifically NAS bolts.

Try Aircraft Spruce. If not there then you will have to find an aircraft bolt supplier, or spend the dough and get them from a chassis builder.

Your options for a 2" bolt are
"NAS6212-17" this is referred to as NAS 6212 dash17"
It's dimensions would be twelve sixteenths (3/4") in diameter, overall length of 1-31/32" (dash17), and a grip length of 1-5/16", The grip length is the unthreaded portion UNDER the bolt head.

A 2.5" bolt would be NAS6212-23, (OAL 2-15/32", grip1-13/16"

The aircraft bolts can ALL be ordered with drilled shanks, heads or both, this is for safety wire.
This is REALLY good on race car suspension and brake stuff.

Send for an Aircraft Spruce Catalog, tons of information, aircraft hardware and it is FREE!!!!

www.aircraftspruce.com

Your Pal, Gary

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
you can also buy the bolts longer then you need and cut the excess thread off i do this all the time. fastenal is useless for most things. the aircraft stuff is nice to but it easier for me to go to my fastener supplier and buy the bolts.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
you can also buy the bolts longer then you need and cut the excess thread off i do this all the time. fastenal is useless for most things. the aircraft stuff is nice to but it easier for me to go to my fastener supplier and buy the bolts.
X2 and then rethread the bolt alittle farther down the shank if you need to to fine tune the shank/grip length.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Depending upon the power level you are using, if you aren't using the NAS bolts, the holes in the 4 link system will elongate. They are a tighter fit that something like a Grade 8 bolt. If the grip length isn't correct, and you have threads anywhere in the hole, it will chew up the hole as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts