Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I'm fixing to end up with another stock suspension smallblock nitrous car and it has a 7531 in it. Two things that will have to happen is have Induction Solutions flow the fogger and I have to learn how to operate the 7531 box. I've read over the directions on msd's website and it's a little confusing to me, anyone have some info in laymans terms that may be easier for me to understand? Thanks

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
What specifically are you wanting to do?
Plenty of people on here who can steer you right on the 7531. It's pretty simple once you play with it for a while.

Remember;
Max total timing that you want to use is set on the crank trigger pickup. The box can only retard back from that point.
The rest of it is basically retarding back from that base timing under certain circumstances (start, step retards (for the nitrous kit), gear retards, launch retard (to soften the launch) etc ).

You also set your rev limits (top end, 2 step/launch, burnout) in the box.
Then you can get creative and ramp your step retards out (rather than pull it all out at once), delay them, etc.
You can also control the shift RPM (either shift light or auto shifter).

Anything specific you need help with just let us know.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, this is the kind of help I'll be after if/when I get the car. I had a guy make me an offer I can't refuse on my car and the car I'm almost certain I'll buy belongs to a buddy of mine that lost interest in it. While I have driven the car before, it'll be a big jump for me owning a car of this caliber.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts