Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to give the local guys my business but they couldn't (or wouldn't?) come even close to Jegs, even after shipping. Paid $456.xx shipped (with NHRA discount) for m/t 295/65 dr's. Local wanted $510.

·
2013 KING OF THE STREET
1,706 Posts
BB&T

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hey Dustin, I go to the local A&A with an ad and they price match anybody. Got my M/T radials that way and got them over night. If they won't because each store may be different I agree with McCormick's on ebay. - Steve

·
It weighs how much????
1,629 Posts
Your local guy have them in stgock? Not waiting might be worth a premium...
^^^^this!
Did you call/inquire at your local speed shop about what you could get them for through mail order? Buying in bulk enables the duo of big guys to put a price tag on certain items that smaller stores can't exactly match. But nothing replaces a local shop that has last minute stuff to fix/complete a project or advice/help at your local track.

Derek

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
That link to potter dosent work :( I'm lookin for good prices on slicks to

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Dustin, I go to the local A&A with an ad and they price match anybody. Got my M/T radials that way and got them over night. If they won't because each store may be different I agree with McCormick's on ebay. - Steve
Well actually A&A is who I was trying to deal with, and they are usually very good, but they just wouldn't meet the price for me this time.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,409 Posts
Most of mine come from the Speed Shop at Atco Raceway. Bud is very competitive with pricing.

I've also bought tire from the Mickey Thompson trailer at races and their prices are great, and he doesn't charge for mounting.

I also buy from summit or jegs with the racers discount.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
http://www.mccormackracing.com/

Buying Hoosiers , they will send matched sets .
A few guys have ordered from them with great success especially since most everything is free shipping. That's where I will be buying my Mickey Thompson tires, weld wheels, slicks and so on. I even think they price match summit or jegs with giving you free shipping.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts