Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a 83 Hurst Olds, dbl adj uppers, solid lowers,Strange dbl adj shocks, 12" 130lb springs in rear. Front is factory control arms, and v6 springs with dbl adj. Stranges. 29.5/10.5 with single beadlock. Car weight is 3560 race ready, with 52% on the front.
Car has a 598 with a plate. Makes approx 950hp on motor. Looking for a baseline before I head to track this weekend.
-Shock settings (front/rear)
-pinion angle?
Almost forgot, car has a glide(1.82 first) and 4.10s

Thanks

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol. I understand that people have spent alot of time trying to get there setups dialed in. Makes it hard to just divulge the info Im sure, but I thought Id give it a shot.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Here's where I am at:

QA1 double adjust rear with about 1/2 way to full tight on the compression and 1/4 to 1/3 up from full soft on rebound.

The key to it is getting the spearation you need (rebound) without it hitting the tire on the track too hard and then having enough compression to hold the tire to the track.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Car is a 83 Hurst Olds, dbl adj uppers, solid lowers,Strange dbl adj shocks, 12" 130lb springs in rear. Front is factory control arms, and v6 springs with dbl adj. Stranges. 29.5/10.5 with single beadlock. Car weight is 3560 race ready, with 52% on the front.
Car has a 598 with a plate. Makes approx 950hp on motor. Looking for a baseline before I head to track this weekend.
-Shock settings (front/rear)
-pinion angle?
Almost forgot, car has a glide(1.82 first) and 4.10s

Thanks
I hope you made a mistake about your tranny gearset. If its really got a 1.82 planetary in it, I don't think your shock settings are gonna matter, because you are probably gonna explode the planetary on the first pass. Surely you meant that it has a 1.80 straight cut gearset???

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glide has the good planetaries in it......

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I am not sure the radial shock setting will work but its a start. Its all in how the car works take some video of it from the left rear quarter panel behind the car and we can help from there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts