Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new SONY XL-2200 bulb for my 60" Wega KDF60WF655 rear projection TV. Where can a guy buy this bulb locally? I really don't want to buy it off the net.

·
aka OutlawChick
17,070 Posts
I need a new SONY XL-2200 bulb for my 60" Wega KDF60WF655 rear projection TV. Where can a guy buy this bulb locally? I really don't want to buy it off the net.
I honestly don't think you'll be able to buy it locally, unless you call an audio-visual company and they "by chance" have one in stock.

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I honestly don't think you'll be able to buy it locally, unless you call an audio-visual company and they "by chance" have one in stock.
I was afraid of that. The wife, Ah hem... EX WIFE moves out today and I was going to buy going away present for her, a bulb for the 60" so my son has a biggie to play PS3 on at her house...

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I just had to buy one.....Couldnt find anyone local either. BUT!!!!! I found a company with good pricing and the best customer service. I had originally bought one a few weeks earlier from another company and it never showed....Fought with them for days....Finally ordered from these guys and had it the next day..

http://www.dlplamps.com/

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Good to know, I have a 60" Wega as well and might have to get one one of these days. How hard are they to put in?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
depends.....you can buy the one in the case, and it slips right in with a couple of screws. if you just get the bulb, its still easy, just takes about 15 minutes. I would definatly recomend doing it yourself!!!! ( if you have a clue of what your doing:rolleyes:)

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Right on, I would definately do it myself.

I did see it came 2 ways, so you dont really need to spend the extra 10 bucks to save 15 minutes?

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
We have a couple places that sell them locally but I have no idea where you live!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
This doesnt answer your question, but may help in the future. You should put your DLP TV on a back up battery (UPS). This way, when you lose primary power at your home, you can still power your TV down the right way. This will allow the bulb to cool, and will increase the life span of the bulb.

Just FYI.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
You said locally. I didn't think you would find one locally and wanted it done today. If time is not an issue, by all means, order it and save. I know that I would, but then if it was my little girl then I would probably buy her a new set and keep that one for my place for when she visits. I was in those shoes at one time.

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You said locally. I didn't think you would find one locally and wanted it done today. If time is not an issue, by all means, order it and save. I know that I would, but then if it was my little girl then I would probably buy her a new set and keep that one for my place for when she visits. I was in those shoes at one time.
Yea, I have a perfectly good 65" here and the 60" is going with her. I may take a ride to Tampa on Sat and try and get one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
go to e-bay put in the sony bulb number then got to the nearest mileage... i found mine 10 miles from my house a sony light dealer

·
Registered
517 Posts
I bought a Philips replacement bulb on ebay (got two actually) it works great. Just make sure to take the back cover off and throughly clean that sucker, especially if you have dogs or lots of dust.

There are also 3 fans on this TV that will go out over time, Sony wanter 400$ to replace the fans. I ordered direct from ebay for less then 30 and it took about an hour to do it... very easy!

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts