Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 12-bolt sold and wanted to order the housing and axle package for now and then i'll piece together the center chunk later, where can I get the best deal? Also, I wanted to run a 15x10 with 3.5 bs to have a nice deep dish rim back there (I love the look of the deep dish), which I was thinking would be a 4" narrow on each side and keep the tire exactly where it was with the stock length and 7.5 bs, but I heard somewhere you can only narrow them 3" per side before interfering with the control arm mount, any truth to that? I'm also up in the air on which axle to get, I don't know too much about the 9", should I just go with the biggest and get the 40 spline or is there a reason I see most of the guys with the 35 splines? Thanks for any help, much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
whatever you do don't buy moser stuff-they don't stand behind any of their products,want to blame it on the parts manf's-no way to run a business.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whatever you do don't buy moser stuff-they don't stand behind any of their products,want to blame it on the parts manf's-no way to run a business.
I never had an issue with their stuff, so I can't comment on customer support, but i've heard that before. I also heard they took away the lifetime guarantee on their axles.

·
Registered
840 Posts
give Jaws gear and axle a call here in Sacramento, I know he has the best prices I have seen and a fellow racer as well.

http://www.jawsgear.com/

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
give Jaws gear and axle a call here in Sacramento, I know he has the best prices I have seen and a fellow racer as well.

http://www.jawsgear.com/
Thanks man, i'll give them a call as well!

Anybody have any ideas about axle spline, 35 or 40? I'm just wondering if there's something wrong with the 40's, because I see most people with the 35's. Also, any idea on the narrowing, if I can go 4" each side and still have the lca bracket in the stock position, or is 3" the max?

·
Registered
840 Posts
i got a 9 inch aluminum center 35 spline FAB housing spool AND TQ ARM AND DS LOOP for like 2700 powdercoated and shipped...thats a deal considering a tq arm can run you 450+ take off the coating for 200 and your payin 2k for a fab 9 aluminum center...most other 9 inches are more

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got a 9 inch aluminum center 35 spline FAB housing spool AND TQ ARM AND DS LOOP for like 2700 powdercoated and shipped...thats a deal considering a tq arm can run you 450+ take off the coating for 200 and your payin 2k for a fab 9 aluminum center...most other 9 inches are more

Does the fab housing have to be run with that torque arm? I have a madman torque arm that I spent $750 on and I really like this torque arm! Maybe we could make a deal without the torque arm if I can use mine?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Madman does sell 9" rears if I remember right. Cause I think he gets the Fab9s from Burkhart or something like that.

Devon what about the 9" thats for sale in the for sale thread?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I never had an issue with their stuff, so I can't comment on customer support, but i've heard that before. I also heard they took away the lifetime guarantee on their axles.

they don't have customer support-we bought a complete 9'' from them-everything already set up,gear made niose instantly-drove it around a little and they sounded like the rear was coming apart-took it back apart and the gears were worn out,in less than 50 miles.Sent it back to Moser,they said they could replace the gears but that was it.So we had to pay shipping both ways,gear oil and labor.It cost us to sell their part.

2nd was a set of axles and bearings in a 7.5.First axle bearing split in half upon install,second one went in fine.After customer had the car for a week the axle bearing went out taking the axle with it.Had to buy another axle and bearing to get the customer going again.Sent the axle and bearing back,they first said it was a timken bearing and then later they recanted that story.So they tell us it was a bearing failure and since they don't make the bearing there was nothing they could do.I didn't make the bearing either,but i made it right with the customer,that's the responsibility you take when you sell something,you can't just wash your hand of it.

so they lost our business over a $100.00 axle and bearing-plus i will tell everybody i meet of our bad experience.Poor business if you ask me.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Madman does sell 9" rears if I remember right. Cause I think he gets the Fab9s from Burkhart or something like that.

Devon what about the 9" thats for sale in the for sale thread?
It says nodular iron center section, I really wanted to put an aluminum in it and wanted to narrow the rear to run a deep dish rim, that's why I just wanted to get the housing axle package for now and then I figured i'd piece the center section together later, because right now I only have about $1800 to spend on the rear.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
they don't have customer support-we bought a complete 9'' from them-everything already set up,gear made niose instantly-drove it around a little and they sounded like the rear was coming apart-took it back apart and the gears were worn out,in less than 50 miles.Sent it back to Moser,they said they could replace the gears but that was it.So we had to pay shipping both ways,gear oil and labor.It cost us to sell their part.

2nd was a set of axles and bearings in a 7.5.First axle bearing split in half upon install,second one went in fine.After customer had the car for a week the axle bearing went out taking the axle with it.Had to buy another axle and bearing to get the customer going again.Sent the axle and bearing back,they first said it was a timken bearing and then later they recanted that story.So they tell us it was a bearing failure and since they don't make the bearing there was nothing they could do.I didn't make the bearing either,but i made it right with the customer,that's the responsibility you take when you sell something,you can't just wash your hand of it.

so they lost our business over a $100.00 axle and bearing-plus i will tell everybody i meet of our bad experience.Poor business if you ask me.
Wow, that's horrible!!!!!!! I wouldn't ever use a company again after stuff like that either!!! I guess I got lucky with my 12-bolt, never had any problems with it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
midwest chassis is a FAB9" but there really inexpensive. Hes a blue collar guy that builds/prices his stuff for us blue collar guys. Before you buy anything id call him first and see what he can hook you up with. I have most of his stuff on my car, search my name on tech and youll find a lot of pics if ure board. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
midwest chassis is a FAB9" but there really inexpensive. Hes a blue collar guy that builds/prices his stuff for us blue collar guys. Before you buy anything id call him first and see what he can hook you up with. I have most of his stuff on my car, search my name on tech and youll find a lot of pics if ure board. Just my $0.02
Do I have to use his torque arm with the fab housing, or does it have a regular style torque arm mount on it so I can use my madman arm?

·
Registered
930 Posts
yea you have to run his TA, but personally id sell the madman, use that money and run his intergraded arm. I know the madman aem is killer but his stuff all works together well! Heres a pic, if u want more close-up pics PM me...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts