Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it nobody is showing up?With these dismal car counts how can we expect the track to continue the program? :-damnit

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Seems like the friday night show is as strong as ever,..guaranteed payouts bring the cars. IMO

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Had the trans and convertor out of the car. Like Butch said though, the last time I was up there and won, the payout didnt cover the fuel bill to go there and back. I'm not in it for the money and you know that Ray, but winning and getting enough to pay for the fuel there and back home would be nice.

·
Registered
664 Posts
If this last Saturday had a light turnout it's likely because of the Woodward Dream Cruise..

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
I had to commit to either the track or a family function by Friday...based on the weather forecast given by all three of the local news outlets, I committed to the family function....turned out to be the wrong choice:)

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Seems like the friday night show is as strong as ever,..guaranteed payouts bring the cars. IMO

I agree Butch....the Friday night deal seems to be pretty good....on the money comment i dont think its true for the 10.5 cars as we paid 5k plus a set of tires for the june 21st sat. race and low et for a total of just under $6,000 cash to win and only 2 local cars showed up....i know its a different class but i hoped the payout would make the difference....good luck with the series guys and props to all the teams that are supporting it.....

·
Registered
8,477 Posts
I agree Butch....the Friday night deal seems to be pretty good....on the money comment i dont think its true for the 10.5 cars as we paid 5k plus a set of tires for the june 21st sat. race and low et for a total of just under $6,000 cash to win and only 2 local cars showed up....i know its a different class but i hoped the payout would make the difference....good luck with the series guys and props to all the teams that are supporting it.....
Nick to be fair I don't think many local 10.5 racers knew they could run there cars at that race, most are tube chassis. Plus on Friday night Milan pays $1500 I'm sure for $5000 several more would of showed if they knew they could run.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Nick to be fair I don't think many local 10.5 racers knew they could run there cars at that race, most are tube chassis. Plus on Friday night Milan pays $1500 I'm sure for $5000 several more would of showed if they knew they could run.
not to start anything...but to be fair i posted rules and asked if anyone had questions about rules to contact me...didn't get one inquiry....i must have not done a good enough job then??....shame...7 cars and we still payed out the 5k....we have had 2 more races since then with same payout in our series and still no interest so it is what it is...one race left sept. 27th....same payout and a set tires....we allow most chassis cars in with a weight adder as you know our rules...they are a bit different than Cecil's to help with car count and get through the chassis car issues...i know they all don't fit but guessing 75-80% do....Since it really didn't make a difference to car count this year we will really have to look at our rule set for next season....thanks to those teams that did support our series.

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
The $400 entry fee was pretty steep. Not that I had anything worth bringing to the party but the Friday race is only $75 to enter.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
The $400 entry fee was pretty steep. Not that I had anything worth bringing to the party but the Friday race is only $75 to enter.
Agreed on the $400 Jim its a bit steep but did get you car and 4 crew into the race....plus I guaranteed the 5k and a few cars wouldn't cover the payouts....not to make this too lengthy i was just trying to say that the bigger payout doesn't always bring the cars out...I was doing my best to bring 1/8 mile 10.5 racing to Milan and it just didnt work out...no harm.. no foul...it is what it is...

And when you get yours sorted out it will be more than competitive:D....

·
Super Moderator
9,250 Posts
There's no disputing that the Friday night thing at Milan just plain works. Maybe have the race there next year on a Friday as a part of the normal Milan Friday series? That way you (we) can sleep in Saturday after drinking all of those shots of moonshine.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
There's no disputing that the Friday night thing at Milan just plain works. Maybe have the race there next year on a Friday as a part of the normal Milan Friday series? That way you (we) can sleep in Saturday after drinking all of those shots of moonshine.
lol....love to but we didn't want to disrupt the friday night 10.5 race as ours doesnt count towards their series and was hoping a few friday night 10.5 cars would join our race with the big payout??...i like the moon shine sleep in deal though!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
2 years ago car counts in open comp and wild street were over 100-150 total, i think the biggest car count we have had this year is probably 80, with some being double entries. i know its not a big spectator draw but it helps the track pay the help. cant see this series lasting too much longer without the cars. period.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
The thing is there were bigger payouts in the past and still not that many cars. The XOS has a bigger payout and Ray(a few times), Trace (a couple times), and the Beebes' are the only ones I remember showing that race at Milan that are not local XOS cars. Meanwhile I know Chad, Mark, Mike, Ray, Steve, and myself have all made the trip to Milan to support their series many many times. I am starting to think that a lot of guys are moving on to other things. I know Eric told me this is his last year because he is retiring and wont be able to afford to race anymore.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Did some just make the switch and set their cars up to run the Friday night race instead because of the rule changes to ODR?

·
Registered
508 Posts
I know track prep has been an issue in the past... but I would say this year the prep has been pretty good...its been good enough that I need to rethink how to manage the power as I have dragged my back bumper twice this year!!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts