Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I admit I kind of took Mother's Day for granted like many of us do. I know you get together and take Mom to a special restaurant or whatever. But seeing as though this is my first Mother's day without her it really hits home! When your young you somehow think your Parents will be around forever! And it's not until they are gone that you feel that void! LOve and Cherish your parents while you have them, cause the Void of them not being there can be Very Hard to accept!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i know how you feel, its been 4 years since my mom passed, worse thing Ive ever been through.
it gets easer as time goes by, but its still rough.
i still go to pick up the phone to call her and ask her something till it dawns on me i cant do that anymore.
so make sure you all do something special for your mom today.

·
T5 & T56 building fool
25,285 Posts
Mother's day for me now is for my wife. My relationship with my mother is strained and has been for several years. I know some day I will regret the years of strain once she's gone but damn its hard to get over it when she just continues to make the same damn selfish choices over and over again.

·
102,312 Posts
I lost my mother, 5 years ago, 4 days before Mother's Day. Still haven't got over it.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
this will be the second year without my Mom.
hard day without her around.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
2 years for me.going to put some flowers on the grave and talk to her for a while.just wish she would talk back .

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I admit I kind of took Mother's Day for granted like many of us do. I know you get together and take Mom to a special restaurant or whatever. But seeing as though this is my first Mother's day without her it really hits home! When your young you somehow think your Parents will be around forever! And it's not until they are gone that you feel that void! LOve and Cherish your parents while you have them, cause the Void of them not being there can be Very Hard to accept!
Dude I feel for you I just lost my dad 2 months ago and I am lost can't imagine life or fathers day without him:( just remember the good times .tuff times for sure keep your head up

·
A. K. A. Maddox
947 Posts
Lost my Mom 15 years ago. O.C. it took me about 7 years to be able to even talk about her without crying...Time has a way of making it easier, now when I think about her it makes me smile and feel glad that I still have her in my heart.

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
my mom passed when i was 15(25years ago)..wished i would have had more years with her..dad has been gone 10years and it feels like yesterday.tears started building just typing this...

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
2 years for me.going to put some flowers on the grave and talk to her for a while.just wish she would talk back .

It's been 16 years ago that I lost my mom, and I do the same thing every year. And I feel the same way.
It has gotten a little easier over the years, but still tuff as hell.

·
Registered
614 Posts
8 years for me and I'm only 21. I hate this holiday..

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
My mom passed away my senior year of high school 18 years ago. Mother's Day and her birthday are still hard. BF doesn't have his mother either. Today we are in Chicago celebrating with my sister and it is nice. Something else that helps me too is taking time out to send a Happy Mother's day email or text to a few important friends/mothers in my life. Just because mine is gone doesn't mean I can't share it with a few moms!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
This is my first mothers day without mom..She passed away in jan. I am trying to think of the good times and all she did for us,she was a incredible woman. Love you mom,rip...

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
4 years & still miss her, on the bright side my daughter turned 21 today so we are gonna make the best of it.....

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
This is my first mothers day without mom..She passed away in jan. I am trying to think of the good times and all she did for us,she was a incredible woman. Love you mom,rip...

Take flower to her, it helps a little.

·
Registered
614 Posts
well i lost my mom 5 years ago and hate it...alot of these kids now day treat there moms like shit and all i say is when she is gone you will be tornup in side..
I tell my buddy that every day. Treats his mom like crap and takes advantage of her being nice. He'll regret it someday..

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
I tell my buddy that every day. Treats his mom like crap and takes advantage of her being nice. He'll regret it someday..

The sad part is that he probably wont.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts