Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,678 Posts
Nice!

I love the way hydroboost setups feel compared to weak vacuum brakes.

·
Chief Curmudgeon
13,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
2007 Silverado 2500 Hydroboost $120 + $49 core
PAL bracket and inner boot $50

$120 for hoses & fittings

$340 out of pocket

$800 if you buy a kit

Score!

:cool:

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
2007 Silverado 2500 Hydroboost $120 + $49 core
PAL bracket and inner boot $50

$120 for hoses & fittings

$340 out of pocket

$800 if you buy a kit

Score!

:cool:
Score! I thought those things had a steep core. Good move if you had the room. Vaccum pumps are insane cost.
Zim

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

1969 Pontiac Firebird
511 cubes NA
~700 lb/ft TQ
~ 650 HP
87 octane

:smt097
Ya' know..... They make an aluminum master cylinder that's an exact replacement to that rusty boat anchor. ;)

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Ya' know..... They make an aluminum master cylinder that's an exact replacement to that rusty boat anchor. ;)
Makes no sense to mount a pretty aluminum master cylinder to a hydroboost. He said he was saving hundreds of dollars using something other than a vacuum pump.
Zim

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,678 Posts
Makes no sense to mount a pretty aluminum master cylinder to a hydroboost. He said he was saving hundreds of dollars using something other than a vacuum pump.
Zim
Just hit it with a little cast iron gray paint and it'll look brand new.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Zim
Just hit it with a little cast iron gray paint and it'll look brand new.
48 bucks and weighs less than half.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I grabbed a hydroboost from a Silverado at Pull-a-Part and got pressure hoses for an 80's Oldsmobile diesel wagon from Rock Auto. It fit my '92 Caprice wagon like it was made for it. The great white whale stops pretty good now.

·
Registered
11,355 Posts
The thing with the Hydroboost is when the engine stalls the pedal goes rock hard. At least with vacuum you still get one chance.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
48 bucks and weighs less than half.

I'm ASE C1, P2, Kia and Ford, AZ, Advance and Owrecks and retired from a brick and mortar parts store. Thats a cute picture, how about a part number that bolts up to a hydroboost hot shot. I use to like your ass around here but in the last 4 or 5 years you've descended into the prick/troll attitude. For the second time in the last few months, phuck off.
Zim

·
Banned
11,534 Posts
I'm ASE C1, P2, Kia and Ford, AZ, Advance and Owrecks and retired from a brick and mortar parts store. Thats a cute picture, how about a part number that bolts up to a hydroboost hot shot. I use to like your ass around here but in the last 4 or 5 years you've descended into the prick/troll attitude. For the second time in the last few months, phuck off.
Zim
I'm thinking aftermarket vet. master.
but I don't know. what it is. but that is what it looks like.

even better is the hydro, you can if you fear rock hard brakes if engine stalls is use a electric water pump motor (if junkyard ccrawling. bmw's /etc oem water pump motors. among others) and then adapt the motor to spin the p/s pump
to turn the power stearing pump so no belt/power drain/loss from the engine turning the pump. also making mounting the pump ,an anywhere ever you want it if it fits deal.

The core charge seems low. when I looked at the squarebody hydro set up the core charge was stupidly high.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts