Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see SO many very very nice cars that took many dollars and man hours to build wrecked because the driver gets back in the gas after a wheelie or the car spinning...WHY in the hell do guys do this?

The run is by all accounts over, you aint gonna win, your ET is not gonna get better, you aint gonna move up the qualifying ladder.

In the 1/8 mile world of heads up racing ITS A LOST CAUSE!

Why crash your car, blow up the engine at the very least? And at worst but the other driver in harms way?

I see this over and over. Whats the point here?

Prime example right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5eovBYx--s

·
having fun
31,275 Posts
tell that to someone i know,when we went to outlaw 10.5 finals because he got back into it

driver confidence is where its at-if he knows his car well enough let him do it

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,112 Posts
tell that to someone i know,when we went to outlaw 10.5 finals because he got back into it

driver confidence is where its at-if he knows his car well enough let him do it
HAPPENED TODAY.....AND THEY WON THEIR ROUND....IT'S CALLED RACING!;)

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Not fast enough to spin... LOL I actually spun and had to try and save it, but if I do spin I don't get back into it if its that bad.

·
Registered
13,312 Posts
Quiters never win and winners never quit.:p

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Seems lately like driver confidence is at a all time high and driver skill is at a all time low..Way to many cars being wrecked these days.10 years ago you would only hear of a few wrecked all year,now a few get wrecked every weekend.

Mabie the fact that you can get BIG hp for half of what it cost 10 years ago has alot to do with it?

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,112 Posts
Seems lately like driver confidence is at a all time high and driver skill is at a all time low..Way to many cars being wrecked these days.10 years ago you would only hear of a few wrecked all year,now a few get wrecked every weekend.

Mabie the fact that you can get BIG hp for half of what it cost 10 years ago has alot to do with it?
AND THE TIRES ARE GETTING SMALLER:)

·
Registered
9,561 Posts

That and a lot of drivers think they can jump from a 12 second ride into a 7-8 second ride and handle it.some can,a lot can't

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That lil yellow win light will make people do crazy things

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
For some its called racing, for others it's trying to be a hero. No reason to get back in an out of shape, tire spinning race car in qualifying. Racing maybe.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts

·
Senior Frog
10,316 Posts
when its your day its your day......after last weeks crash of my own car of which was
really no fault of my own,i realize shit just happens.....That vid shows a preventable
crash.....but not all are preventable......leaky cars,water seepage,oil etc all play a part
in the luck of the draw...Some times you just plain spin....Have a good cage!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts