Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
My 68 Satellite still is , since 2007 . Had a 32 Ford coupe for 10 years before that .
Daily driver/racer , just a car . Was a 440 now 505 . Lots of fun driving interstate and racing , some strange looks on highway and when you pull into track and pull race tyres out of the boot .
Just dont want a plastic efi special

Tex

·
Registered
210 Posts
91 GTA trans am, polo green. ZZ4 crate 350 with a T56 swap running a ford 9"spool. Played with a 100 shot and it was a blast to drive. Upgraded everything and went to a 355 w/ a 300 shot under the manifold on a progressive. Never got to test it on kill mode but N/A went 11.6x and drove to and from the track at 2k rpms. Only tricky part was the clutch, damn thing was an on/off switch. Loved the car. I think I'll love my 69 camaro just as much in due time. It'll never be a trailer queen.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
‘68 Firebird, 13:1 455, fairly big roller cam, tunnel ram/2 850s, Liberty Equalizer (you can’t drive that on the street lol) 3.73 gears. Ran 9.80s 20 years ago no bottle. Was a ball to say the least.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
My current car (small LS turbo combo :D) is a blast. What isn't a blast is a full rod end 4 link rear with wishbone. Noisy as phuck! But, when you throw radial pro's and 1000 hp at it, it needs to be up to the challenge. The car was much more fun before the Hutch 400 went into it and it was a 9.20 @ 143 car running a 200R4 and a lock up converter. 70mph @ 1950 rpm was awesome. Now its an 8.70 car and 2800 rpm at 65 mph.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Still waiting for my Camaro to be fun. 322rwhp with crap gears equals no fun. Eventually I’ll get a Big inch small block and tko 600. Then it will be fun.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
My ultimate street car was when I modded my brand new 87 Mustang GT..

I added a Kenne-Bell twin screw supercharger.. Edelbrock heads.. 3.55 gears with an over packed trac-loc.. Close ratio "super alloy" gears in the 5 speed.. And X-pipe with four (4) mufflers.. Like that it dyno'd 400 rwhp and 486 ft lbs of rwtq at 2800 rpms.. It ran 11.6's at around 120 in the quarter.. And it sounded like an electric car, with the most sound being the supercharger whine when you got on it..

But the real thing that made it so sweet was I had a place called Coil Spring Specialties make me a set of custom super soft spring.. And along with soft shocks and 4 cylinder sway bars.. Made the car ride like a Cadillac.. It would soak up road bumps and float the front end up in the air on every gear change, if I stepped into it.. Along with a dynamite stereo, killer speakers and sub woofers.. Smooth and quiet with a super torquey motor, it was a pleasure to drive and play with on the street.. Without attracting a lot of attention..

Back in the day I had a 66 Mustang GT that I put a 351 Windsor in.. It had big a carb, a big cam, big compression, big gears, and full length headers with only the biggest, shortest, straight thru Thrust mufflers.. No tail pipes.. It was a beast that taught me I didn't want something like that again..

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I’ve had a lot of good street cars. My favorite was my 62 Vette. I stroked the original 327. Eventually got it down to 12.14 @ 115 with a 3.36 gear, full exhaust, and under the stock hood. Drove it cross country twice, including a trip from Burbank to Bowling Green to race.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
My original silver 970 Nova SS 396 375 HP 4 speed from 1970 to 1974. Changed to turbo 400 trans and more fun. Then 400 SBC with 350 crank, 372, Then clutchflite with Dana rear end. Then race car from there to 1985. That car is still going today locally. Owner won't sell it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I’ve had a lot of good street cars. My favorite was my 62 Vette. I stroked the original 327. Eventually got it down to 12.14 @ 115 with a 3.36 gear, full exhaust, and under the stock hood. Drove it cross country twice, including a trip from Burbank to Bowling Green to race.
I believe I saw your car in CAR CRAFT a few times. Cool car.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I believe I saw your car in CAR CRAFT a few times. Cool car.
Thank you, yes, it was in the OCT 2009 Car Craft, and a couple follow-up blurbs. When we first tested the car, we couldn't get the trans to shift above 5,000. Then we drove with the Anti-Tour to Arizona, but the drag day got rained out...

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
My current car. I built everything on it except the transmission. Runs deep in the fives and still starts with a key, all the DOT lights, turn signals, flashers, wiper, horn still work.

·
Busy being a cunt
29,980 Posts
My '67 El camino is still a joy to drive, but I built my nogo into something that hasn't given me any sort of satisfaction/pleasure for many years :( If I keep it I may have to dull the turder down to get some joy from it :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I always hated the kids and there 57 Chevy`s so I built a 1962 Ford Galaxie 2 door hardtop, found a 312 Thunderbird Special Y block motor, Spent almost a year building the engine, TRW 12-1 Pistons Sig Erson cam, knurled valve guides, opened up the ports and polished had it blueprinted and balanced, Edlebrock manifold with a Holley double pumper Had to build the headers at the time no one made full length headers for that engine and of course glass packs Had to put lader bars on it to keep the leafs from rolling up don`t forget the red line tires and KeyStones. I could beat the stock 57 Chevy 427 transplants but if they were moded a bunch I could just keep up.

Man those were fun days street racing..

21 - 40 of 50 Posts