Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in a new set 3 months ago. I have about 150 logs on them and the motor is starting to misfire which means the gaps have opened up. I'm using an Autolite 3923 at the 750-775 hp level..

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Misfires are caused by a lot more than gaps opening up. If you have a good ignition that is less of an issue than other things. Too cold of a plug can foul even with proper tune. Can glaze by not burning off deposits. That will cause a misfire. Many other things besides gaps.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had misfiring over the winter.. Put the new plugs in there and it came back to life. But I have about 1300 miles on these with various power levels of street pulls as I tweek the tune and it's starting to break up again.

My wires might need replacing tho because I don't get the nice clip feel when I push them over the ends of the plugs.

But you like the 3923's at this level?

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Colder plug would most likely make it worse. Plug porcelain is probably getting glazed. Just install fresh plugs.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'ma yank those plugs for inspection.. I gapped them at .020. I'll see how how they opened up. If they opened up a lot which I think they did, then I'll try a 3922

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
Is this a sbc?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sounds like you have a much higher estimate of plugs than i do. Especially while tuneing ive always heard change them often. As soon as you think the tune is good, new set. On motorcycles i change my iridiums every 10k amd thats stock engine, ignition, exhaist intake and a tune. And surely mileage and power go up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts