Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not my project but I am operating a crane just like this one.

It was a tragic day as the operator did not survive. From what I understand he was setting a wind turbine when the wind came up (duh thats why they are building a wind farm here) and he continued with the lift even thought wind speeds exceeded manufacturer specifications (35 mph for this crane in this configuration) The crane is a Liebherr LR 1300 in Maxer. what that means is it is a 330 ton crawler with max counter weights (240,000
lbs on crane upper, 114,000 lbs on car body (between crawlers) and 240,000 lbs on a suspened platform (the blue frame work you see hanging sideways beside the boom)

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Shit went REAL bad.... never seen the photobucket logo looking so bad!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Not so bad but...Friday had a person cut his finger at work, saw the blood and passed out.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I don't know where they are building them in AZ but I feel sorry for those poor phuckers that end up with wind farms in their backyard. Those things are noisy and annoying. And not worth the investment IMO.

BTW, your pics are a fail.

·
I forgot what to do next!
6,090 Posts
That was not a pretty thing

·
Banned
41,558 Posts
Tragic, and avoidable.

Getting past procedures not being a heard to, there is no reason why the cab cannot be reinforced for the unexpected.

Manufacture need to step up and start building full cages for these rigs.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If operators were trained propperly and had the balls to say no this wouldn't happen

·
Head Phuckstick
18,686 Posts
If operators were trained propperly and had the balls to say no this wouldn't happen
Say'n "No I'm not doing that" can be considered Insubordination and grounds for termination by some employers.

Its a shitty world we live in.

RIP to the operator.

Shannon

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Say'n "No I'm not doing that" can be considered Insubordination and grounds for termination by some employers.

Its a shitty world we live in.

RIP to the operator.

Shannon
IDK about you, but ill tell my boss to suck my cock if they wanted me to do something that would endanger my life or the lifes of my co-workers. I would sue the fuck out of them if they fired me. The operator ALWAYS has the final say when it comes to heavy lifting.

RIP

1 - 20 of 44 Posts