Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember reading this thread a while back http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54352&highlight=wheelie+bars and thought some of you maybe interested in what I have found.

I have my bars set at 12" to the bottom of the wheels and when I leave off the trans brake @ 4400rpm(high as the convertor will go)the wheelie bars still slap the ground. I can't believe it!

Check out these pics

In the second pic you can see the bars bouncing off the track before the car even moved:rolleyes:

Now, I want to know if you think this could be normal?

I'm running split monos and cal-tracs with 1 1/2 turn preload,with QA1 double adjustables. The car was going 1.35-1.36 in the sixty and seems to be working fine,but come on that's a lot of rotation.

Watch this video and give me some suggestions.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Its because you have a very agressive set up, look at the seperation in the wheel well. does this bother you?

·
Mr. Noisy
3,792 Posts
do you run an airgap with the caltracs? if you do, the housing is rotating and this makes the bars smack the track.
if you have preload in the bars you can wipe my theory:)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its because you have a very agressive set up, look at the seperation in the wheel well. does this bother you?
It does bother me a little(pinion angle),what the hell is going to happen when I try leaving on the bottle?

Why do you say it is aggressive? I even have the cal-tracs in the lower hole.

I wonder how much rotation the fast guys like Josh Knight and Artis are getting?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you run an airgap with the caltracs? if you do, the housing is rotating and this makes the bars smack the track.
if you have preload in the bars you can wipe my theory:)
No gap, the bars had one and a half turns of preload with me sitting in the car.

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
You can slow it down with shocks, and yes when a car seperates 4 inches its aggressive. How the shocks are mounted can also have a lot to do with the effectiveness of them. If you dont need all that to hook you might tighten them or make a lower hole I am surprised you dont hit the yoke on the back of the trans or lock it to the splines on the tail shaft, it must be short ans stick out a bit

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
From the video the front end needs to be adj on the shocks too it should not bounce off the ground once it comes back down you are losing a lot of energy all the way around. The spray might help your dead hooking now.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From the video the front end needs to be adj on the shocks too it should not bounce off the ground once it comes back down you are losing a lot of energy all the way around. The spray might help your dead hooking now.
Thanks Jeff, I definately have some shock tuning to do,I can tighten up the rebound alot on the rear shocks and see what happens. Probably have to buy some nice double adjustables for the front also.

Anyhow,I thought it was interesting seeing this and thought that if someone was going to try running their bars around 6" like what was mentioned in the other thread,they might want to see this also.

Steve:cool:

·
Registered
20,822 Posts
Yeah, I am sure you will get it under control. I have seen your posts before. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts