Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who in the area can make them, and what is the best and SAFEST way to do this... too cheap to build another rear end to go racing in the drag radial class so that's why I want spacers... is spacers made from billet strong enough or would you make it out of moly? roughly i'll need a 3 3/4" to a 4" spacer

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
we made some 6" spacers made of alum. and went 8.0's for three years w/them and never had a problem.just recently cut some chunks off them to make some thin spacers and there was no play in the studs.they were like brand new.not sayin' it's right just that it can be done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i don't think its that nuts.... i remember Grebeck doing one where he took the axle studs out and made 2 sets of stud patterns... one that screwed into the axle flange and used nylocks to hold it from backing out and the other pattern actually he used ARP wheel studs and pressed those in to use for the wheel side... i guess i answered my own question...lol but was wondering if any body has done it any other way... oh by the way Bill whats up? haven't talked to since Stevie past away...

·
Morrell Booster
6,893 Posts
I just can't see 4"-6" wheel spacers be safe let alone what Mr. Grebeck(RIP) did. This can't be a legal way to do things. I realize the cost, but at what cost is it to lose a car or your life by saving some money? We all want to save money, but look at the savings versus the potential damage that could happen by taking short cuts. In this day with the speed of the cars now, short cuts shouldn't be takin when it comes to your(or others) safety. IMO

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I made a set when i was at roush back in '94,I think they where 2.5" that we used on a super charged sn-95 with stock wheels that i split and widened to 12".they beat the piss out of that car on the street and track.from what i hear they are still around.
homer who are you?

·
Registered
24 Posts
homerwithatude said:
who in the area can make them, and what is the best and SAFEST way to do this... too cheap to build another rear end to go racing in the drag radial class so that's why I want spacers... is spacers made from billet strong enough or would you make it out of moly? roughly i'll need a 3 3/4" to a 4" spacer
Too cheap to build a new rearend? What's your hospital bill gonna be? Then the cost of building a new car? Anything worth doing is worth doing right. And that simply isn't the right way to do it. I've read the other posts, and I believe that using wheel spacers of this width or wider has been done with some success, but we'd never allow any of our customers to use spacers of any thickness. Best of luck to you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts