Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Information Desk
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the best place to post this...but...does anyone out there have experience with the American Racing Pro Series TrackStars? Or the Mickey Thompson rims? I am thinking of changing rims for a different look. I currently have Weld AlumaStars and it seems that everyone has them. I run rim screws, not beadlocks in the back. I was wondering if anyone has had problems with rim screws on the TrackStars or the Mickey Thompsons. I like the Bogart Welded RTs, but I can't find a price online. Also, I heard they are difficult to get rim screws in because the wheel lip is so thin that the screws strip out.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
I am running the Mickey's with screws. Wish I tried them without screws first............. I too had the AlumaStars. I see your picture is from my home track.

There are my old "ugly" wheels. Don't have any good wheels-up shots of the Mickeys yet. :(

·
Information Desk
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, she was really hanging the hoops! I love the color of you car numbers. Where did you get those, if you don't mind my asking. Did the Mickeys give you fits with the rim screws?

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,959 Posts
I got them at the track but that was when Barnaby was there. You'd have to check with the new guys there and see what they can do.

Had no trouble with the screws, just don't know if they were really needed. They're there so I am using them. Just hated drilling holes in such nice new wheels......... Have seen people with heavier cars that 60ft better than mine with no screws. Guess it really depends on the weight of the car, the rim size, how hard it's being hit, and the air pressure that is being run.

·
Information Desk
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I am really liking the looks of the Mickeys. I'll probably drill for rim screws (crying the entire time, of course!) I'm sure that your car 60 fts a whole lot better than mine, its a peace of mind thing, I guess!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts