Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mine happened couple weeks ago. had the car up on ramps, was underneath on the creeper working on ladder bars. while taking one out, it got away from me and fell about 10 inches and smacked me on the nose. within 15 seconds had alot of blood out both nostrials. took about half the day to quit bleeding. did not break it.
when i put the ladder bar back in 3 days later, i used alot of caution and awarness like i should have been doing in the first place.

·
Registered
22,654 Posts
Getting my hand set on fire due to a miss communication...man that hurt,then I only had 2 weeks to figure out how to get the wedding ring on - on our wedding day...

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
20yrs ago, Laying on my back and installing 727 transmission on 73 Dodge Monaco...using regular floor jack and 2 by 4 .....just few millimeter away from inserting bolt.....
"I got it...ugh...I got...ugh"
Bam!

Transmission fell off the jack and landed on left arm....no broken bones but nasty cut and bruised....wrapped up with tape and try again....succeeded....

As I unwrapped tape, Mom walked in and scream.....went to hospital, got stitches..blah..blah...

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
That search thing only works IF you know how to spell (and use) "worse", correctly!... ;)
mine must now in illiterate because I just copied and pasted this worst injury from his title :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Third degree burn on my left arm, from shoulder to elbow.
Snaped a race on a rear wheel bearing and put it through the front of my wrist and out the back. When't and bought a puller the next day.

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
Fighting a clutch pedal return spring and I had it stretched real good and it slipped out of the vice grips. It hooked the palm of my hand and pulled my arm under the car. It went an inch into my hand. I had to fight the pain and remove it with the same vice grips. I still have the scar.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had a 72 chevy truck with the fuel tank behind seat. The truck would stall due to lack of fuel so I filled the tank and still had problem. So tah dah ill just blow in the tank with my mouth. Well the inlet is below top of tank and so I proceeded to blow with all I had then released to suck in another full breath and when I did fuel proceeded to fill my lungs. After what felt like eternity and a attempted 911 call I started to breath again but when I laid down my back would burn when I stood up my belly would burn.
Wow that was close. It took a month to stop breathing slight gas fumes.

Problem was crack in fuel line that would not leak fuel but suck air.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Ah... Dont mind me Im a little more than slightly slow.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
had to get rust ground from both eyes, they glued both eyelids shut and bandaged them up for 3 days. Ya learn to piss sittin down after ya hose down a shower curtain or 2. But ya know your house better then ya think ya do, I got around good, made food (sandwich & cereal) all 3 days just had to buy a new curtain.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
had to get rust ground from both eyes, they glued both eyelids shut and bandaged them up for 3 days. Ya learn to piss sittin down after ya hose down a shower curtain or 2. But ya know your house better then ya think ya do, I got around good, made food (sandwich & cereal) all 3 days just had to buy a new curtain.
That's pretty funny! I hate to laugh, because I've had metal removed from 1 eye, I couldn't imagine 2! I guess my worst injury would be a couple of stitches below my right eye from doing a brake job, drum brakes! You guess what happened.....

·
Bastardization Engineer
3,614 Posts
I was 16 and stupid, had one of those glass fuel filters on my 77' Laguna. Was adjusting the timing, and must have knocked it into the alternator bracket, cause it came apart with the engine idling, sprayed me directly in both eyes, up my nose, down my throat. I managed to shut the car off quick enough before it caught, and staggered into the front yard and shoved the garden hose in my face. The only other major injury was when I was stripping my current project, my junk ass Mac ratchet pretty much self-detonated cause a rusty control arm bolt to remove a 1/8" deep by 3/8" wide by 3" or so long check of flesh out of my arm. Wrapped it up and finished what I was doing.

Momma always said if you're gonna be stupid you better be tough.

·
Registered
829 Posts
D-I-V-O-R-C-E after dumping $$$$$$ into a 'stang!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Winner !!

·
Registered
979 Posts
my wife finding out how much I've spent on the car...lol :axe:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts