Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran a 7.99 @ 86 mph with a 1.7 60 ft... this is on a cooper cobra 275/60

I had to roll out 2 foot or so and nail it... leaving hard it blew them off...I think I can get a 95 or better, this was the 5th pass, so next time I'm trying for a 80-90 then put stickys on

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's pretty close to my 1/8 mile time, did you ever run it on slicks? I'm thinking mines good for a 60 with sticky tires

·
Registered
254 Posts
[email protected] 255/70/15 bfg/walmart radial @ over 4000#. Have about 60 passes on the car, best 60' is 1.74 avg 1.85. Real street car with steel hood, wheels etc. More fun to run than my race car lol.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
69 firebird 455 t400 3.73 rear BFG radial T/A 255 60 15's
11.33 @ 118 Virginia Motorsports Park

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow didn't expect such fast times...I've only made 5 passes with mine... maybe I will try a little more and see if I can get a couple more tenths...

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[email protected] 255/70/15 bfg/walmart radial @ over 4000#. Have about 60 passes on the car, best 60' is 1.74 avg 1.85. Real street car with steel hood, wheels etc. More fun to run than my race car lol.
It's a phuckin blast...i think its a lot more fun getting tenths out of a street car than race car...this is a car that I got to go to cruise ins and drive around basically...I've done a lot of work to get it running this good... the guy I bought it from told me it was good for 7.80s but it was no where near that when I bought it...

·
Registered
33,083 Posts
See avatar.
<-----------

The thing is totally worthless on a normal street tire.
I crashed 3 times but didn't hit anything. LOL

255/65/17 Kumhos for the fun ride.

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm gonna try some more...I let my tire pressure down 5 lbs and next time I'm gonna take out another 5lbs... the tires were actually picking up rocks coming down my street on the way home...

·
Registered
33,083 Posts
I'm gonna try some more...I let my tire pressure down 5 lbs and next time I'm gonna take out another 5lbs... the tires were actually picking up rocks coming down my street on the way home...
I've had street tires in the past that wanted slightly more air pressure to work better…. or adding ballast at the rear has always helped my junk.

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Do you guys do you bun out to heat them up before the run? I heard the heat makes street tires gooey and lose traction.

·
Registered
33,083 Posts
Do you guys do you bun out to heat them up before the run? I heard the heat makes street tires gooey and lose traction.
On street tires I just do a quick 1 second hit. I'm not wanting any heat, just to clean the junk off the tires.

·
pist'n Broke
20,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
On street tires I just do a quick 1 second hit. I'm not wanting any heat, just to clean the junk off the tires.
Thanks, I didn't think about cleaning them off... I went around the water box... I did back into it once, heated them up and they chattered...

·
Registered
13,343 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts