Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

1999 Ford F350 Crew Cab dually. This truck has 228,000 miles and runs well. Needs a driver seat cover, front tires, and possibly glow plugs. It runs great and gets good fuel mileage. I'm looking to trade it in or sell outright. Kelly Blue Book says it worth between $9800 and $10,600. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
obviously a 7.3??

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Trace, be able to show what has been replaced and what maintance and has been done. It will be worth more vs a truck with a bunch of unknowns.;)

Kelley Blue Book is what most use to price used vehicles. If you are close to blue book, you will sell it quick. The old 7.3's are quite desireable, so I would start high and come down.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
If i could sell my 05 f-250 i would be interested.
43k miles ...never seen snow.ARP head studs, milti layer gaskets all updated. Only driven in rain to or from race track... not a nick or ding in it...:)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I just bought one almost like that here in Arkansas. Same year but 170,000 and it's a 4x4. Guy had all the records from the dealer. I gave 10, 500 for it if that helps.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Trace I have almost the same truck , mines a 2002 with a 7.3 never seen salt,always in the garage with 80,000 miles and someone the other day wanted to give 20 grand for it but there is no way since a new one is pushing 50 grand.Good luck selling it, that was the last good diesel Ford made.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought this truck in 2004 with 30,000 miles. Since I've owned it the alternator, water pump, cam position sensor, speed sensor on the rear axle, torque converter, and trans pump has been replaced. All maintenance is performed by a Ford tech. Oil is changed every 4-5 thousand miles with Rotella Synthetic T6 and the fuel filter is changed every other oil change.

I'm going to buy a new truck and want to know what the dealer is going to offer on trade.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I bought this truck in 2004 with 30,000 miles. Since I've owned it the alternator, water pump, cam position sensor, speed sensor on the rear axle, torque converter, and trans pump has been replaced. All maintenance is performed by a Ford tech. Oil is changed every 4-5 thousand miles with Rotella Synthetic T6 and the fuel filter is changed every other oil change.

I'm going to buy a new truck and want to know what the dealer is going to offer on trade.
The only good reason to trade it in when it's older is you wont pay sales tax on the value they put on the old truck. You'll get more privately but you don't want 2 trucks at the same time.

·
Turbo boosted
1,504 Posts
just bought a 99 f 350 extra cab drw 2wd 180,000 miles paid 9k.

·
Registered
489 Posts

Are you buying a Ford, with the new 6.7L and Torqshift 6 trans?

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts