Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Busting balls
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the worst rig job youve seen in the pits safety wise .

Ive seen people with pvc piping in place of a roll bar.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
Wow!!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts

some of the guys from maliburacing might remember this .. no he didnt weld it in , the square tube is notched and bolted to the original crossmember with a 3/8 bolt

·
having fun
31,303 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please tell me he was joking right!

Thats just for height or mock up purposes.

i hope so,as an explorer explorer i am ashamed as to what i see!!

but if it is for mock up purposes i want the plans for the adapter plate! i like what i see!

·
bye
50,511 Posts
what gave it away?

my friends 2004 gt mustang with a jlt intake that when i look inside had white pvc and purple primer on the fittings?
I had one for my Mach1! LOL!

They suck butt in hot climates. They WILL shrink where the clamps are located.

I modded mine. The filter was too small inside the fenderwell, so I cut it back as far as possible, put a Lightning MAF housing with Mach electronics and stuck a real filter in there. I had to tweak the hell outta the MAF transfer!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, technically it wasn't in the pits, but saw a older Focus come into shop complaining of brake pull.

Inspected brakes. Found right front caliper inside splash shield with block of wood keeping brake caliper piston in. Someone had stripped out the mounting holes. "Ahh just stash it in there, noone will notice"

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Back in the 80's I saw a '69 Chevelle with those yellow bolt-on Lakewood ladder bars installed but with a diagonal strut between them for lateral location. All four control arms had been removed.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Know a guy that broke the front bolt on his ladder bar and used coat hangers to hold it in place so he could finish racing that day....Luckily he dont race anymore :supz:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts