Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An aside topic to the "how long married...."
What's the secret to staying married together, as the vows state - "til death do us part""
I say "you cannot take things said or done personally".
My wife says " communication" and don't lie"
What do you say is the secret to staying married?

·
Registered
328 Posts
id like to know this one too...im getting married next month. my friends wife said to pick your battles.... and to listen to what she is saying, which is kind of hard. my attention span isnt that long..;)

·
Registered
712 Posts
A comfortable couch! I have slept on mine many atimes....

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
I've been married 26 years...our secret...its a partnership meaning we BOTH have to work to make a living, we make spending decisions together, and we try to comminicate about everthing as clearly as possible...we have to work to put the others needs in front of our own...and fidelity is a key

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The wife and I are still talking about this. It takes a long time to really know your wife or husband. More than ten years, that's what we came up with as a comfort point.
One other thing we both agree and strongly stress - never, ever hit each other, no matter what!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been married 26 years...our secret...its a partnership meaning we BOTH have to work to make a living, we make spending decisions together, and we try to comminicate about everthing as clearly as possible...we have to work to put the others needs in front of our own...and fidelity is a key
GREAT ANSWER RIGHT THERE!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
compromise. thats it. sooner or later one party wants something the other doesn't. you have to compromise.

·
Moderater
13,327 Posts
Mutual respect....the key to all successful relationships....

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
when you get in an argument, strip naked......(not in public)..........13 years and going strong.....

1 - 20 of 298 Posts