Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always had great credit; last September I signed up for automatic withdraw for my mortgage payment. Either I misunderstood I needed to make two more payments until the auto withdraw kicked in.....bottom line I was 36 days late on a mortgage payment- shit. They dinged my credit down to the low 700's. I am likely to buy a pretty significant amount of property in the next calendar year...

I have already talked to the bank- they are not willing to budge.

Anyone ever used a credit fix company? This is the only blemish I have. It would be nice to find a way to block / fix, etc.

Thanks

·
102,312 Posts
Just had this problem mine went from 700's to mid 650's. takes about 30'days not using anyone to get it back up.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Contact the credit bureaus themselves. It'll take some time, some frustration, and may not do a thing in the end but I fixed mine that way.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I meant to stick this in the 'trash or be trashed"

Thanks guys- I will move it.

·
102,312 Posts
I meant to stick this in the 'trash or be trashed"

Thanks guys- I will move it.
Don't sweat it. Breaks the monotony. At least you're not out running screening ops for patrol officers.

·
Dyslexic Lord of the Sith
3,632 Posts
That really sucks man. I would contact the big 3 and talk to them about it. If you can get the mortgage company to send a letter certifying it was a mistake or something of that nature (that just depends on how willing they are to work with you) you can use that as a mitigating factor with the banks. They may or may not strike it from your credit report. I've done a challenge before, it is a pain, but in my case at least, it was worth it.

It has been so long I don't remember exactly where I went on the site (it was one of the big 3's own site) and filled out the form. Had to fax a bunch of crap and do a lot of leg work. But after about a month or so I got a letter in the mail that it had been removed from my credit.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Go to Credit Karma and look at your rating free. They will have advise on improving your standing and you can see why it dropped. It's free and won't impact your score.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts