Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you where to build a Ideal/ dream
stocker/super stock/ bracket door car what it be?

ive been considering a modern build - Camero, cobalt, challenger, mustang but then the classics always pull me back in.

has anyone drove multiple cars and had a preference over the other? Obviously cost is a major factor but what are some Pros and cons of certain models vs the others?

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Most any Roadster is pretty darn good for a driver down track minus the getting in and out of....HUGE Pain in the ass for the mechanics----just imagine being upside down in the seat to service any wiring!!! Sucks!, Trans r/r sucks---I can go on and on...

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
1931 American Austin for a retro Comp Eliminator Altered
1971-'74 Vega for a Pro Stock retro

For visibility, hard to beat an open cockpit. But I roll old school and prefer doors. Ideal bracket car for me would be the 90's Oldsmobile Cutlass. Damn fine looking race car !!

·
DamCoonass
15,179 Posts
Most any Roadster is pretty darn good for a driver down track minus the getting in and out of....HUGE Pain in the ass for the mechanics----just imagine being upside down in the seat to service any wiring!!! Sucks!, Trans r/r sucks---I can go on and on...
I can have the body off of mine in 10 minutes.

Reactions: mrdragster1970

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Horndog, remember the purple tube chassis 90 Olds Cutlass ex Comp Eliminator/ Pro Stock car I raced with the 622 BBC? That car looked great back then. But it was very hard to see out of. Seat low and back against the rear tire. OK for heads up but not for bracket racing. Felt like driving a long, low golf cart Looking up out of the front window and couldn't see the hood. No reference for where the front end was.

I would not recommend this type car for bracket racing.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
In the dreamworld, a transformer 125 inch AA Fuel altered so I could live the dream and be a he man nitro altered driver.

And the fact that I cant drive well would be masked by nitro fumes, and the crowds understanding that fuel altereds never actually go straight twice in a row.

In the reality world, I want a transformer 125 inch AA fuel altered, and a photo of it before I hit the wall the first time.

Fuel Altereds Forever

·
Shrewd Negotiator
10,058 Posts
I'm sure theres a reason why everybody uses Camaros and Corvettes. I know there is in pro stock.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I have always liked the look of the Lumina body style with a low drag racing stance and a multi color paint job. We had a couple of those locally and they always got my attention. As far as popularity the Mustang and GM G bodies are whats out there. 66 Nova is still my favorite and I get to work on my friends blue bracket 67.

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
Horndog, remember the purple tube chassis 90 Olds Cutlass ex Comp Eliminator/ Pro Stock car I raced with the 622 BBC? That car looked great back then. But it was very hard to see out of. Seat low and back against the rear tire. OK for heads up but not for bracket racing. Felt like driving a long, low golf cart Looking up out of the front window and couldn't see the hood. No reference for where the front end was.

I would not recommend this type car for bracket racing.
Yep ... remember the car very well. My Beretta --- exactly the same, hood ... knew it was there but can't see it once in the car, ass two inches off the floor and inches away from the left rear. Not an easy car to see out of but made it work and with it being a consistent car, I didn't have to work too hard. Beretta's made great looking race cars too.

But I really have a soft spot for the 90's Olds Cutlass !!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have never had a real fast or a car that saw the winners circle often ,but my favorite car was my '57 Chevy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts