Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been [email protected] pounds with over 50% leakage across the bord. i shrunk the skirts on most of my srp/je pistons. i was thinking about switching heads my goal is to be low 5.30s with under 500 going threw it. can it be done? or should i switch to a different head and spray less?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have a 347 combo with fully ported Jr's, close to .700 lift, Funnel Web, Pro Systems hp 950 based carb. Mine shoulb be under 3000lbs and Id like to here from people with Jr's

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Theres a guy here that was running in the high 8's a couple years ago with vic jr's on a n/a 400+ cid, and a liberty. just guessing, the weight was around the 26-2800 pounds.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I haven't been the fastes but I am pretty sure that I will get in the low 5.30's if not in the high 5.20's this season. We hope anyway!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
363ci victor jrs with some port work, victor jr intake, single fogger 250hp, 750 prosystem, glide, 275's went 5.50 125mph @ 3000lbs.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I went 5.50s 1/8 and 8.60s 1/4 with vic jr's on my old 410" combo at 3300lbs. That was with a plate kit. This is a 1/4 mile car, had it been set for 1/8 mile I'm sure I could have got better 1/8 mile times. That was with a small 750 carb, no vac pump, under .700" lift cam, and a c-4 trans..

I think with a weight drop, a glide, vac pump, and more tuning my combo would have gone some high .30's in the 1/8 on a plate.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I was wondering when you were going to chime in on this thread ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am more set up for the 1/4 as well i have a speedtech 2 stage plate steve flowed. no vac pump. powerglide 10 inch ptc super tight converter, with 373s 28-10.5s slick. i only have a few passes with the 373s i had 410s for years and would go mid 5.4s to low 5.5s 8.6xs everypass. the last pass [ gear change and upped 2nd stage a little] it went the 5.40 shooting it with 375 i was going to the 1000 to read plugs dont know what it would of went out the back. i think i could get into the 30s my goal with this set up in the 1/4 would be 8.4x just need better pistons. might go with bigger valves i have the 2.05 the head came with.

·
Registered
204 Posts
ss mustang,2900 lbs 420 inch, local guy did the port work on my vic jrs.fogger,pg,8inch ptc conv,373's, 28.10.5's been high 5.30's.and only went a 1.307 60'.been 1.23 60' buy had to abort that pass.but i do want to give monte smith credit for getting me going in the right direction.with the help of all my friends im hoping to step it up a lil more this year and see what happens.

·
Registered
66 Posts
do you guys think a funnel web or victor jr intake woud be better on my 352ci with ported victor jr's?
I asked this same question in another section and have not gotten a good stong answer yet!!! I do have Brodix M2's but would like to here opinion's about these intake's also....

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I'd go with the FunnelWeb if it will clear your hood.I had one a 342 motor with nitrous and it worked great.They make more power than a SuperVic.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Yes,the fw for sure, but it needs alittle touch up.

·
[email protected] JoeCool Performance
2,076 Posts
Funnelweb ftw. Its an awesome intake especially for the money. They can stand to be cleaned up some. Mine has been extensively modded to work with a plate and has been ported quite a lot.Last time I ran it last year it just had the front to back part of the clover removed and was matched to my stock afr 205s. It worked great. Distribution on with a bigshot plate was the best I've seen. That intake loves the spray after the proper clearance is made to the cloverleaf plenum. here's a thread with pics of mine.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=308107&highlight=my+winter+upgrades+have+started

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I did one a few yrs back for a 347 with 205s, and it picked up 4mph(in 1/8th) over a super vic intake with porting. It went from 6.2s to 5.9s with nothing but the intake change.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts