Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do they recommend a brodix neil 201 for nitrous use and not the 202? can a 202 be used for nitrous? i cant find any info on the difference between the 2.

·
Super Moderator
12,166 Posts
Based on what I read on there web site.....

BRODIX and Al Neal have tried all types of valve placement and valve positioning to achieve flow numbers well into the 390 cfm range. The original head in this series is the BF 200 which works well with smaller engines using a 2.125 intake valve. Next came the BF 201 and the BF 202. The BF 201 works well with nitrous engines utilizing a small combustion chamber. The BF 202 is best suited for blower or turbo-charged engines requiring a larger combustion chamber.

They seem to have things turned around a little ??? :confused: Just my thoughts though.. SJ

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Based on what I read on there web site.....

BRODIX and Al Neal have tried all types of valve placement and valve positioning to achieve flow numbers well into the 390 cfm range. The original head in this series is the BF 200 which works well with smaller engines using a 2.125 intake valve. Next came the BF 201 and the BF 202. The BF 201 works well with nitrous engines utilizing a small combustion chamber. The BF 202 is best suited for blower or turbo-charged engines requiring a larger combustion chamber.

They seem to have things turned around a little ??? :confused: Just my thoughts though.. SJ
Those heads are several years old now. I would imagine if they were designed today, with today's nitrous technology, the combustion chamber would be designed differently.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
THe chamber is the only difference that I know of.. But I do agree with SJ on this one .. I've seen alot of guys using the 202 on nitrous combos..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts