Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Disconnected
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that gets the BEST gas milage?

I'm looking at getting a commuting vehicle and need some options. I really want a Gas saving machine. Like a civic, corrolla etc... I like the Focus SES in the american group and the Kia Forte is nice too. I just don't feel like i'm seeing everything thats out there.

Anything from the 90's to 2011 is fair game.

·
Customer User Titty
3,394 Posts
3rd gen v6 Camaro ? Lol

I got to agree with Tom.. find an american car you like that's good on gas (they all offer plenty) whether it be Dodge Ford or Chevy.

·
RAKER
3,365 Posts
You looking for something sporty, small or mid-sized sedan?

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
Just buy a cheap Honda or Toyota, Can't bet the gas mileage & dependablity, My commuter car is a older Accord going on 336,000 miles, Only maintenance has been timing belts, brakes, fluids & of course tires

·
RAKER
3,365 Posts
You can't really beat fords line up. Between the focus, fusion, and fiesta you will easily get 30-40 mpg. I personally have a ford fusion and its a great commuter car and has great accessories.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
SVT Focus?
Oh yeah.......forgot about those.

Cavalier Z24's were somewhat sporty, and parts would be plentiful, but stay away from the quad 4 motors. Get a later model with the Ecotec. Ecotecs have problems too, but my mothers has been excellent, I stay after her to keep proper maintanance.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a '08 Civic EX Coupe, with a 5 speed. I had to be smart and get a gas saver but I wasnt getting a 4 door automatic. I like the car and all but in a way I wish I didnt buy foreign, but I'm a Mopar guy and they dont have anything similiar. I like it though, typically get 30-36 mpg regularly.....

·
Tire Waster
7,086 Posts
Porsche 911 Turbo. 2.7 0-60, runs 10's, and averages 20mpg! Plus it is $100,000 cheaper than a Ferrari F430. Can't go wrong there.

:rolleyes:

·
Customer User Titty
3,394 Posts
Well, I guess its not as bad as I though. Only around $23k for the base now that I have looked. A friend called the dealer last year looking for a Jetta TDI, and they wanted $27k for one.
Maybe it was a heavily optioned 5 speed since the demand on those is crazy allowing for some dealer mark up, I remember my buddy was looking for one and the dealer told him they usually have them sold before they even get to the lot, but the auto's sit there for months.

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Honda Civic, about a 96 -2000 year model, 5 speed. Cheap now for these years, and good styling. Two door EX model has sunroof, 6 speaker stereo with CD player, air, power locks & windows. Knock down 33-35mpg with your foot in it. Interiors last a long time. Its a win all the way around. Only bad part is the timing belt change, but at every 100k, its not too frequent. Hate to have to work on a car thats not broken tho.

And no I dont feel bad for saying buy a Honda when American car companies made junk for so many years. Having said that, I own 6 Chevrolets. But.... I also own 1 Honda Civic that was built by American workers in Ohio. When you drive 60 miles round trip to work, you gotta have the right tool for the job..... As a bonus, college chicks dig a Civic....lol

·
Moderater
13,607 Posts
Z06 hands down....

·
BRUINS FTW!!!
3,085 Posts
not the best mileage but it's the commuter I'll be buying soon...WRX

1 - 20 of 36 Posts