Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the biggest tire you can fit under a 4thgen fbody & mntn stockstyle suspension

Curious what the widest (not tallest) slick is that will work under a 4th gen fbody while retaining stock style suspension? This is with a tub / minitub.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: What's the biggest tire you can fit under a 4thgen fbody & mntn stockstyle suspen

I run a 325/50/15 in my stock wheel well with everything in stock location now. Trying to find out max tire width after its tubbed.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Re: What's the biggest tire you can fit under a 4thgen fbody & mntn stockstyle suspen

I think this is largely going to depend on how low the car is. We can barely fit a 275 on an 11" beadlocked wheel on the car I crew on. It's way in the weeds, and the frame rails are still completely intact.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

I believe you can go 12" with a 315 with tubs. You will have to move the top shock mount if you run a coilover.

·
Registered
582 Posts

You will want an adjustable LCA with offset bushings. It will give you a bit more clearance. even with a 28" slick I started to run into interference with the rear bumper cover. Tire growth had it hitting the bottom corner. With a partial tub and reworking the rear cover I had a 29.5x10.50 fit without issue on a 10" wheel.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Steve, that looks like the tire that we might be looking to run. Is that the regular 13.1 wide tire or the 13.6 wide W tire. I can't find a wider 15 that isn't 3 ft tall. Trying to get max rubber underneath for no prep outlaw trim.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts

You will want an adjustable LCA with offset bushings. It will give you a bit more clearance. even with a 28" slick I started to run into interference with the rear bumper cover. Tire growth had it hitting the bottom corner. With a partial tub and reworking the rear cover I had a 29.5x10.50 fit without issue on a 10" wheel.
Says it all. This is what all the guys running a lot of tire do.

·
SEENYOR MEMBER
7,965 Posts

Ive seen a 315/60 drag radial on a 12 inch wheel with a Mini tub. Bottoms of wheel opening were trimmed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts