Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the people that have done this before what gave you the most relief? (Other then the pain meds)

Shannon

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Nothing--I have broken a number of bones in my career--and nothing bothered me like the rib--couldn't even go to the bathroom without pain. You just have to rest and you will heal--just don't laugh or cough.

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
Honestly Shannon, nothing helps but drugs.

Nothing to be done with any rib injury but wait.

It's a long fucking wait, too.

Tom

·
All smiles and sunshine
1,057 Posts
A tight wrap, and time. Mine took about 1.5 months to stop hurting. I thought I was some badass MMA fighter while drunk. Was fun though, till the POP.

·
1,344 Posts
A little pepper in your nose. Ribs are the worst. Can't sleep, can't laugh, can't breathe. Painkillers...and lots of them for a week or so.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
don't sneeze...

I had a broke sternum in two places from a car crash (seat belt) a few years ago and everytime I sneezed or coughed, I'd piss my pants and cry for 30 minutes or so...not fun...

·
Head Phuckstick
18,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Man this shit suxs! Took the corner of some stairs going up on the deck Saturday and waited to go to the ER till Sunday when I could not raise my arm up and got worried I tore a rotator cuff. Come to find out Cracked two ribs and strained my shoulder pretty good. Taking Toridol and Vicodin now and this shit still is hurting like a MOFO!

Thanks guys, can't seam to win for loosing, Just graduated from school two weeks ago and been looking for work and now I'm laid up on the couch.

Shannon

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Wrap them as tight as you can stand with an Ace bandage and get yourself some Narcotic cough medicine to prevent hurting them even more. Also be careful for Pnuemonia, its common with busted ribs.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I had quite a few of them in high school when I use to ride bulls in rodeos. They are the worst. When I wrap them, they seem to hurt worse because of the pressure on them. A couple of them didn't heal perfectly (separated a few of them too). To this day, years later, I can't take much of anything as far as impacts on that side of my body before they hurt again. Also if I get tickled over there I will most likely chop your hand off. Fucking ticklers.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts